Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 4yr B'day Party

Quote Originally Posted by HaiFai View Post
    Cheer's for the advice Mr Mayhem, I will be calling the nursery Monday to get a list of songs they are singing/learning and to get and idea which games they play with them.

Dazzy D.I will keep an eye out for your post and also see if I can get those other two albums Cheers.

David
    Apologies for the delay in posting this but, as promised, the CD set I use the most is called SimplyKids. It actually has 4cds to it and not the 3 I mentioned (I forgot about the 'bedtime' disc as it's one I never use). I've also scanned the tracklist on the cd inlay so you can see for yourself the songs on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Cheers for that DazzyD Looks like it covers most if not all nursery ryhmes and a few of the newer dance songs will try hmv or zavvi tomorrow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKaz View Post
    high school musical might be a bit old for them

Action songs will work (you do them with them), Superman, Fast Food Rockers, Big Fish Little Fish and the Finger Song

Musical chairs can be violent, especially with pushing & shoving (I don't play that at any kids parties)

As I say, loads of fun and dittoing what Mayhem said get down to eye level with them, be as silly as you like, and loads of interaction.
    THe finger song is a great track to play if you can get hold of it, I can't find it on the net. If anyone know what CD it's on that would be great.
    We provide a mobile Discos & Karaoke Service.
    http://www.randa-discos.co.uk

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by RADiscos View Post
    THe finger song is a great track to play if you can get hold of it, I can't find it on the net. If anyone know what CD it's on that would be great.
    Download :
    http://www.bigfishsong.com/rikandnik/

It is on a Rik and Nik cd but not sure where you can buy them. I bought mine from a Haven caravan park years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Download :
    http://www.bigfishsong.com/rikandnik/

It is on a Rik and Nik cd but not sure where you can buy them. I bought mine from a Haven caravan park years ago.
    I done the same thing a few months ago. They sell a "Party dances" CD in the club shop and behind the bar in the evenings.

Great CD.
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

Ive done a 3 to 4 year olds party and was dreading it. Played a load of CBeebies themes, also did the music man and superman but I had to do the action, they soon caught on. Musical statues went down a storm to. Got another booking from a Mother their who said her kids loved it.
    Oh also got the rope lights rigged up which they loved. Aimed the spot lights on the walls to add a bit of decoration. The Parents usually stick around at these gigs and help out. Did the Hokey Cokey at the end with all the parents. Went down really well. Finally make sure there are no winners or losers with any of the games you do, Saves the tears and tantrums.

The Rik and Nik CD is on eBay (Item no 280304254563). I'm not sure who the seller is on there, but they seem genuine (and the CD's are originals) and when I asked about other material they pointed me at the official websites and the fan club site. Rik and Nik's material is also available through iTunes...

By the way, Bob the Builder (aka Neil Morrisey) has done a version of Big Fish and another whole bunch of rip offs of common songs just before Xmas so you might get asked for that (it's better known than the Rik & Nik version) if you hang around at enough kids parties. The album is "Never mind the Breezeblocks" and it's packed with cheesy versions (check the website for the actions for Big Fish - http://www.nevermindthebreezeblocks.com/).

Out of interest - I'm in Bristol too - where was your kids party? I'm always trying to find decent venues (if only for my own kids birthdays!!)

Also - and tell me to get stuffed if I'm prying - but I'm trying to get a better handle on pricing for the kids parties. I'm pretty new to doing this, but I seem to get alot of calls from parents who think they're going to get a DJ/Kids entertainer plus all the kit for £60-80. I've talked to a few other DJ's in Bristol and most say they'll do 2hrs for something like £120 - £150 (depending on location and what the parents are expecting from them) - is this roughly what you charge?

J.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    The Rik and Nik CD is on eBay (Item no 280304254563). I'm not sure who the seller is on there, but they seem genuine (and the CD's are originals) and when I asked about other material they pointed me at the official websites and the fan club site. Rik and Nik's material is also available through iTunes...

By the way, Bob the Builder (aka Neil Morrisey) has done a version of Big Fish and another whole bunch of rip offs of common songs just before Xmas so you might get asked for that (it's better known than the Rik & Nik version) if you hang around at enough kids parties. The album is "Never mind the Breezeblocks" and it's packed with cheesy versions (check the website for the actions for Big Fish - http://www.nevermindthebreezeblocks.com/).

Out of interest - I'm in Bristol too - where was your kids party? I'm always trying to find decent venues (if only for my own kids birthdays!!)

Also - and tell me to get stuffed if I'm prying - but I'm trying to get a better handle on pricing for the kids parties. I'm pretty new to doing this, but I seem to get alot of calls from parents who think they're going to get a DJ/Kids entertainer plus all the kit for £60-80. I've talked to a few other DJ's in Bristol and most say they'll do 2hrs for something like £120 - £150 (depending on location and what the parents are expecting from them) - is this roughly what you charge?

J.
    First of all I actually quite like the new Bob the builder album

The disco in question was a few months ago now but from memory I believe it was just south of Bristol (which is local to me) but have found many good and interesting venues in and around Bristol.

The pricing question is a big especially for children's party's for a lot of DJ's (not just us locals). I know I don't charge as much as I could or should but I do it for a price I'm happy with. I don't know about yourself DJ Jules but I only DJ Part time / as a hobby so for me its not about making money and getting rich its about enjoying the art of DJing.

My normal prices for a standard children's party is around £80-£100. But these prices are for a maximum of 2Hrs. I charge for for travel when needed.

Can I just say its good to finally see another Bristol lad on here. (Something to keep in mind there aren't that many DJ in our area that will actually do children's party's )

Hope this has helped you in some way.
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

Thanks! That's a big help - I'm doing this for the fun/art as well so the price is less of a factor for me, but I'm concious that I don't want to undercut people who rely on this for their livlihood (and of course do myself out of money at the same time!) or for that matter, guys like you - but at the same time don't want to price myself out of the market!

I have noticed that there are alot of DJ's who avoid kids parties like the plague (which I can understand in a way as they do take constant effort for the whole length of the party to keep the kids engaged, potentially for less cash then you'd get for an adult party), but then there's also quite a few professional entertainers as well who sort of cross over into the DJ field as well (my daughter went to a party this afternoon for instance where the parents had hired Del Boy to entertain - and he's really good!)

Myself, I got into this because I think I do a better job of it than half of the guys I've hired for my own childrens parties - plus it was almost a natural progression from my wife's little maternity project (Bouncy Castles!!)

And finally - I think I preferred the Rik & Nik version of Big fish - though the actions for the BTB version are easier to do and the kids never got the references to raving

J.