Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4yr B'day Party

Quote Originally Posted by spudcooper View Post
    Thank you CRAZY K for the phone call. loads of fab information and ideas. After the call i will be re-writing my plan for the party to take in your advice.
    Will repost my new plan later

Thanks again CRAZY K.

P.s will check that site out later as well.
    I wish I could be this helpful

You may be confusing me with Krazy Kaz

Good luck with it anyway--

CRAZY K
    BARN DANCE/LINE DANCE/WESTERN STYLE ENTERTAINMENT

Sorry Wrong Person. I'm easily confussed

It was Krazy Kaz.
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

For a moment there I had an image in my head of 4 year olds line dancing.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Void Acoustics Fan Harrison's Discos's Avatar

I was going to start with sitting them all on the floor in a circle and playing chinese whispers
    Not 100% sure about that but good idea.
    maybe try a mexian wave type of thing and then possiably a pass the parcel style game (if i can think of something to put inside). .
    Now that would be fun!

Then a game called keys.
    where the B'day girl/boy sits in the centre of the circle (and blind folded) and a set of keys are placed infront of them and one by one the other children tries to take the keys witout the B'day girl/boy hearing (if they do hear them take the keys they have to point in the direction they think the "thief" is in) the winner gets a prize.

Then blind folds.
    Where i blind fold two people at a time and place a prize on a chair at the end of the hall and the other children has to guide the blind-foldies to the prize. First one to get to the prize wins the prize.
    Played that game in cubs!! Works a treat!!
    Harrison's Discos Comming Soon!
    Soon to be a proud owner of a
    Void Acoustics Basys System.

Smile

OK so my 4th B'day party is this friday and this is what i have planned so far. See what you think and give me any of your ideas.

I was going to start with sitting them all on the floor in a circle and playing chinese whispers and maybe try a mexian wave type of thing and then possiably a pass the parcel style game (if i can think of something to put inside).

Then a game called keys.
    where the B'day girl/boy sits in the centre of the circle (and blind folded) and a set of keys are placed infront of them and one by one the other children tries to take the keys witout the B'day girl/boy hearing (if they do hear them take the keys they have to point in the direction they think the "thief" is in) the winner gets a prize.

Then blind folds.
    Where i blind fold two people at a time and place a prize on a chair at the end of the hall and the other children has to guide the blind-foldies to the prize. First one to get to the prize wins the prize.

Then a game of tounge twisters followed by a game of Arghhh!!!

Then it will hopefully be time for them to have some food and a drink (while i play abit of pop music in the background).

Then for a game of simon followed by musical statues then corners. A quick song then limbo and "who can skip the most using a skipping rope while whereing flip flops". a quick game of who can stand on one leg the longest

Then a dance comp and for the final 10mins action songs.

I'm hoping that should then be all i have time for and they all go hope.

So what do you think?
    What prizes can i give out?

Thanks for reading.
    hi, was asked to give feedback on this plan !! Been doin kids parties for over 5 yrs and a mum of 5 so i know what kids like (mine always coimn home from one sayin it was rubbish !!)
    personally i think 4 yr olds will not want to sit down at the start of a party they will be too excited and want to run around. don't think they would get chinese whispers either my son is 4 and he wouldn't do it lol ! for that age, i usually start with musical bumps but i'm not very strict at getting the kids `out` as they want to carry on, so i usually just get a couple out, give them a sweet, but they are allowed to carry on joining in. i just play it til the end of the song. then its 4 corners or playin with balloons `keepy uppy` something like that where they can still run about and go mad. also i use bubbles and they have to try and catch them, but be careful of gettin it on the floor, short bursts are fine as the kids pop them before they hit floor. then its food etc (4 yr olds take ages to eat and drink) then i would do a sitting down game so no pukies after the food ;-) usually pass the parcel, i put dares in mine such as scream as loud as you can etc. the skipping may be ok but its usually better for older ones and mostly girls, the little ones who weren't skipping would get bored waiting. then its stuff like hokey cokey, happy and you know it, and little teapot, don;t forget this age is at nursery so know a lot of these songs from there. finish with something like sleeping lions, same as dead fishes but more PC, then if any time left just a bit of dance music so they can have a `real` disco til parents come. try and not fit too much in or try and be rigid as kids this age tend to do their own thing anyway and some won't want to join in just run round the whole time. just be silly and make them laugh, and try and enjoy it, its great fun !!!

hope this helps some xx brina xx

forgot to mention about prizes, i have a tub of soft sweets for the little ones, no lollies as small kids could fall with one in their mouth and its you who gets blamed ! same for hard sweets. i also give those plastic medals you can buy from asda etc and the small toys you buy to put in party bags. as for a pass the parcel prize, a small bag of sweets, or a small easter egg as its coming up and they are in the shops, kids always like sweets or choc, if you pick a toy it has to be safe, and also unisex as you don't know who will win it(unless you want to fix it by peeking !)

xxbrinaxx

Quote Originally Posted by miskinsoundz View Post
    Not 100% sure about that but good idea.

Now that would be fun!

Played that game in cubs!! Works a treat!!
    yes but cubs are a lot older than 4 yr olds, thay are 8 - 10 yr old.

Quote Originally Posted by colagirl View Post
    forgot to mention about prizes, i have a tub of soft sweets for the little ones, no lollies as small kids could fall with one in their mouth and its you who gets blamed ! same for hard sweets. i also give those plastic medals you can buy from asda etc and the small toys you buy to put in party bags. as for a pass the parcel prize, a small bag of sweets, or a small easter egg as its coming up and they are in the shops, kids always like sweets or choc, if you pick a toy it has to be safe, and also unisex as you don't know who will win it(unless you want to fix it by peeking !)

xxbrinaxx
    doh ! when i say safe i mean age appropriate, theres always one parent who will point out that the toy yu put in there is for over 5`s or something !
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 13-02-2008 at 10:55 AM.
    TNT Disco & Karaoke - Sheffield

www.tnt-disco.co.uk

Thank You All For All You Usefull Information

After all the help i have recieved from various members of this fourm i have decided to re-write my activity plan for my 4th B'day party this friday.
    After some time reworking my plan so to be more inviting for younger children i know include my new activity plan as follows:

--Entry: Children’s/Pop Music--

Dance Comp: Prize= Winners:Small bag of sweets, runners up:small sweet, 5mins, 1 Adult helper needed (Music: Sugababes - About You Now)

Musical Statues: Prize=Winner: Glow Stick, Runners Up:small bag of sweets, 10mins, 1 Adult help needed.
    (Music: Robbie Williams - Rock DJ / Brittney Spears – Oop’s I Did It Again)

Dance Comp: Prize= Winners:Small bag of sweets, runners up:small sweet, 5mins, 1 Adult helper needed (Music: Spice Girls – Wanabe)

Musical Bumps: Prize= Winner:Glow Stick, Runner up:small bag of sweets, 10mins, 1 Adult helper needed.
    (Music: Crazy Frog / Cartoons – Doodah)

--Time For Food—(Quite background music Pop/Childrens/High School Musical/)—

B’day Cake and Happy Birthday (Sung)

Pass The Parcel (x2): Prize In each level, 10mins, 1 Adult needed to help. (Music: Sugababes - Round, Round, McFly – Year 3000, Mika – Grace Kelly)

Corners: Prizes=Small Bag of sweets to all winners, 4 Adults needed ti help. 5mins. (Music: Girls Aloud - Jump)
    Place 4 chairs at each corner of the dance floor and sit 4 adults on each chair giving them
    a balloon/item (red/yellow/green/blue etc).
    The children then dance around to the music and when it stops they run to a coloured
    balloon of their choice, you then get another adult (Not in the game) to pull out a ball
    from a bag (4 x balls the same colour as the balloons) and the children by the
    corresponding colour is out.

Limbo: Prize= Winner:Glow Stick, Runners up:small bag of sweets, all players: small sweet 10mins, 2 Adult Helpers needed. (Music: Hot Hot Hot Megamix)

Follow My leader: No prizes, 10mins, No / 1 adult help needed. (Music: Follow the leader/Amerilo)
    Get the children to follow a leader (maybe start with an adult to get the ball rolling). The children have to follow whatever the leader does as they move around. Suggestions: hopping, hands on head, jumping, running, skipping, silly walks, turning round, waving arms, being an animal, being a posh person, etc.

Dance Comp: Prize= Winners:Small bag of sweets, runners up:small sweet, 5mins, 1 Adult helper needed (Music: S Club 7 - Reach)

Action Songs:
    Black Lace - Hokey Cokey
    Fast Food Rockers – Fast Food Song
    Macarena
    Black Lace - Superman
    DJ Casper – Cha Cha Slide

--End—

Extra Back up Games:
    Musical Islands, Sleepy lions, Arghh!!!
    So this is my plan that i have spent alot of time re-writing.

Also for the prizes:
    Small Sweets = individual wrapped Marsh mellows and Mini Wham chew Bars
    Small Bags Of Sweets = Small Bags Of Haribo
    Glow Sticks - Small Snap to glow sort

And for the pass the parcel:
    Parcel 1 = small pencil and felt tip pen set.
    Parcel 2 = small childrens number game.

So thats about everything. So what do you think? any suggestions or ideas?
    Any Action songs i've missed?

As always i look forwards to hearing your comments.

Thanks Again
    UltraBeat Entertainment

Look like you have this one sewn up!

Nice to see people thinking about and planning these things rather than hoping for the best!

Well done that man!

well done,
    Krazy by name - krazy by nature.They don't call me Krazy for nothing

www.kkdisco.co.uk

www.freecycle.org (keeping good stuff out of landfills - Please take a look)

Thank You All For All You Usefull Information

After all the help i have recieved from various members of this fourm i have decided to re-write my activity plan for my 4th B'day party this friday.
    After some time reworking my plan so to be more inviting for younger children i know include my new activity plan as follows:

So this is my plan that i have spent alot of time re-writing.

Also for the prizes:
    Small Sweets = individual wrapped Marsh mellows and Mini Wham chew Bars
    Small Bags Of Sweets = Small Bags Of Haribo
    Glow Sticks - Small Snap to glow sort

And for the pass the parcel:
    Parcel 1 = small pencil and felt tip pen set.
    Parcel 2 = small childrens number game.

So thats about everything. So what do you think? any suggestions or ideas?
    Any Action songs i've missed?

As always i look forwards to hearing your comments.

Thanks Again
    I havent worked with 4 yr olds that I can remember so im not an expert--but ive worked with plenty of adults and young children.

The only thing that sounds slightly difficult to me would be Limbo.

Have you or anyone you know used this successfully with kids of this age?

Maybe it was mentioned earlier on?

If so great carry on--just doesnt sound to me suitable for very young children. I would use Booker T-- Soul Limbo--fantastic beat -- but maybe thats too old--

Im very pleased to hear the Hokey Cokey being mentioned--just surprised kids of this age would know it--

As Daz says--good planning--dont leave home without a copy of the script though

CRAZY K

I must admit now i've got everything planned i feel alot better about the party and am kind of even looking forwards to it

The only thing left to do is wrap up the 2 pass the parcel presents

As of limbo i remeber i played it with slightly older children and they really enjoyed it so thought i would give it ago.

And Hokey Cokey i'm sure if they don't know the dance me, the adults and any older children will join in.
    Last edited by UltraBeat Entertainment; 13-02-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    UltraBeat Entertainment