Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My web site

It's entirely done in Flash, which isn't a good idea. Some workplaces don't allow the viewing of Flash content because

a) considered by some a security risk.
    b) flash content is mostly games - and the workforce is supposed to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    It's entirely done in Flash, which isn't a good idea. Some workplaces don't allow the viewing of Flash content because

a) considered by some a security risk.
    b) flash content is mostly games - and the workforce is supposed to be working.
    I aggree, but I suppose most punters would be browsing the internet from home when looking to book a DJ. But more importantly I wanted the site so I could direct people to it. If people come across it when doing a google search and I get work from it, then hey thats great.

Chris.

P.S. Most internet banking sites, gas/electrictity, goverment, online shopping, music download, media sites have flash content these days so they can't all be wrong.

P.P.S. Think you'll find most online games are JAVA Script.

Quote Originally Posted by videoguy View Post
    I aggree, but I suppose most punters would be browsing the internet from home when looking to book a DJ
    Well you suppose wrong, and I have LOTS of webstats to prove it.

If people come across it when doing a google search and I get work from it, then hey thats great.
    Would've thought this would feature higher on your wants from a website?

P.S. Most internet banking sites, gas/electrictity, goverment, online shopping, music download, media sites have flash content these days so they can't all be wrong.
    True-ish. The majority of such sites I've seen have some flash content for advertising etc. but these degrade well for folks who don't have flash support and get replaced with traditional HTML or whatever.

As a non-gamer I can't really comment, but as Marc is a web designer (and a very competent one) I'd be offended by the tone of this statement if I were he

I aggree, but I suppose most punters would be browsing the internet from home when looking to book a DJ.
    You think? I'd say a large proportion (if not most) of browsing is done in work time.

But more importantly I wanted the site so I could direct people to it. If people come across it when doing a google search and I get work from it, then hey thats great.
    I didn't say anything about search engines but, since you brought it up, Google DOES crawl flash content now - but it's still not a good idea to have 100% flash for SEO purposes. But you don't want to be found so it doesn't really matter anyway.

LOL, OK. Let's just say my wife works for the largest employer in Europe, a government department, as a manager in the IT department, and can't view Flash content. And, as Vectis says, a good web designer will keep flash content to non-critical components which are replaced by non-flash versions if flash isn't detected.

No, I think you'll find most online (browser based) games actually use Shockwave (which is Flash related) or Flash.
    Last edited by Marc J; 18-01-2008 at 09:20 AM.

In my opinion, It's apparent from this and other topics that videoguy is only interested in posts that reinforce his own thinking and views. Any posts that point out helpful, constructive or legal viewpoints to keep him on track seem to be quickly discarded and rebutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Bland, why do so many DJs like white on a dark background?

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    In my opinion, It's apparent from this and other topics that videoguy is only interested in posts that reinforce his own thinking and views. Any posts that point out helpful, constructive or legal viewpoints to keep him on track seem to be quickly discarded and rebutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Whitehouse View Post
    I like it......but then what do i know........
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

why do so many DJs like white on a dark background?
    Maybe because it gives that night time feel?

What's that got to do with anything?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

why do so many DJs like white on a dark background?
    Ive often wondered that??? and all lasery/neony and futuristic??? well many of them.

ever since ive been on the web ive liked music in motions website personally.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote