Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Should i go Mackie

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    So you are saying that with a good eq, you can make average sounding gear sound like mid - high end gear?
    He probably isn't but I can testify that some DJs seem to be able to use eq to make mid-high end gear sound like cheap rubbish.

The mind boggles

Quote Originally Posted by PropellerHeadCase View Post
    No, I'm saying that a good mid-range system, in a typical wedding scenario with a decent EQ will sound, to the punters at least, as good as if not better than a high-end system with little-to-no EQ. Speaker systems are like building your own recording studio - double your spend for a subjective 1% improvement in sound quality (after the initial bases are covered).

An absolute top of the range speaker system in a bad-sounding room is going to have minimal (if any) advantages over a good system with a good EQ. The point being that those speakers only truly differentiate themselves in a critical (or at least good) listening environment - in a real world, acoustically 'off' room your high end speaker system is more likely going to highlight the deficiencies of the room than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilmeedyman View Post
    He probably isn't but I can testify that some DJs seem to be able to use eq to make mid-high end gear sound like cheap rubbish.

The mind boggles
    Oh, yeah, it takes a special kind of talent to make good gear sound bad.
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Almost like putting a bodykit and spoilers on a 1.1 Fiesta.

Underneath it'll still be a 1.1 Fiesta.
    agreed !!! every time i see a boy racer in a corsa i have to relent to the overwhelming urge to wind the window down and scream "IT'S JUST A CORSA!!!!"
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    agreed !!! every time i see a boy racer in a corsa i have to relent to the overwhelming urge to wind the window down and scream "IT'S JUST A CORSA!!!!"
    Is that after you blow them away in your 1.1 Fiesta?

The question I started this thread with is now is irrelevant as I have been to Electo Sound and now have a pair. I would like to just say a big thank you to all that have contributed and kind offers of a demo.

But alas another question which I will be contacting Electro Sound about is when I demoed them there was a lot of buzzing with the speakers. He put this down to me using a laptop with an external sound card and placed a DTI filter which seemed to cure the problem but on setting them up at home the buzzing is still there but not as bad gets worse when you take the filter out.
    He said that he has come across this before and a DTI filter may solve the problem but suggested a bet quality sound card my cure the problem the sound card by the way is a creative sound blaster audigy anyone got any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by good vibrations View Post
    The question I started this thread with is now is irrelevant as I have been to Electo Sound and now have a pair. I would like to just say a big thank you to all that have contributed and kind offers of a demo.

But alas another question which I will be contacting Electro Sound about is when I demoed them there was a lot of buzzing with the speakers. He put this down to me using a laptop with an external sound card and placed a DTI filter which seemed to cure the problem but on setting them up at home the buzzing is still there but not as bad gets worse when you take the filter out.
    He said that he has come across this before and a DTI filter may solve the problem but suggested a bet quality sound card my cure the problem the sound card by the way is a creative sound blaster audigy anyone got any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions
    You need ground loop isolators. One for each channel if you have a multi channel card. They will stop the noise and are very inexpensive.

The guy in the shop should have known about this issue - it's very common.

is the DTI filter not a ground loop isolator

is the DTI filter not a ground loop isolator
    I've never heard of a DTI filter - what does it stand for?

Dual transfomer/isolator which is a ground loop isolator

cant see the hum being a problem when playing music but for any speaches could be a pain

Dual transfomer/isolator which is a ground loop isolator
    You live and learn.

And are you sure it does the same job?

HHve youtried taking the mains transformer out and running on battery - if the noise disappears you know its the ground loop.

Then maybe it's worth looking at a better card which is made for the job rather than a generic sound card.