Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Karaoke Software

Otsav everytime, very reliable mate.

P.s Spud I am still up for that drink mate but its just been hectic here for the last week or so. I'll drop you a mail.

The only main problem I had when using VDJ is that if there was a slight issue with a MP3+CDG Zip file, it wouldn't play it. With Tricerasoft Swift Elite 4.0 I don't get that problem at all.

Regarding Vista: I just got a new laptop and it has Vista and everything works fine. MixMeister Fusion and Swift Elite are the only things I install, everything else I use portable versions so my laptop remains music only.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

Great little thread. Personally when I do karaoke nights I bring my Mac along with me. I have over 6000 karaoke songs with lyrics.

For the Mac I use QMidi, its basic, but very reliable and costs less than a tenner to register. Then just download Screen Span Doctor also if you use have an iBook like myself. This will allow you to use a monitor/tv as a second display unit rather than the default Mirrored setting (on the iBook at least).

QMidi seems to be the only cheap, bug-free and reliable karaoke software for the Macintosh. You can't do nifty-things like show Singer's name, build a Singer's Playlist, but frankily who needs to. ;-)

I use Virtual DJ and have used swift elite 4 in the past.

I much prefer Virtual DJ for the speed of search when you have a large database of songs and for ease of use and quality of show.

THere are some compatibility issues with some hosters and certain mp3+g files i know virtual DJ is one of them as if your files are zipped with high compression or with the wrong names inside the zip file they wont load. I got around this by buying a program called songverter from MTU to convert all my songs to the right format now they will work with whatever software i use however it will take something really awesome to beat virtual DJ in my opinion

Virtual DJ & OTS AV for me,

i do Karaoke every weekend, so ive tried a few and had a few problems along the way, but if you want something that works every time and is very very cheap, download "karafun" its free and it works.
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.

ppentertainments

Must admit I have gave up on the idea of going digital for karaoke. To many problems in my opinion and find it easier using discs.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Must admit I have gave up on the idea of going digital for karaoke. To many problems in my opinion and find it easier using discs.
    What problems did you have?

ppentertainments

Tracks sticking or words missing. I must admit I did not perservere too long with the problem but still find it easier to use discs - guess it is just like going digital for disco.

Default Virtual DJ

I use an older version of Virtual DJ for my Karaoke nights, I chose not to upgrade as I find it more reliable and stable than the newer ones. Very easy to use and minimum spec is quite low, so hardware is cheap to provide/replace and is easy to run from most laptops (with S-video out).

We have three nights a week at present and all my DJs find it easy to use, with very little training or introduction. The windows-side desktop setup tends to be where I spend most time in terms of educating users.

The database search is also quite intuitive and providing you have good file-tagging, you should be able to find most tracks without the track codes.