Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Karaoke Software

I use VDJ too.
    Because I can vary between djing and karaoke as the venue requires. I also have compuhost - excellent IF doing karaoke ONLY.
    okliy dokily?

Quote Originally Posted by Nile View Post
    I use VDJ too.
    Because I can vary between djing and karaoke as the venue requires. I also have compuhost - excellent IF doing karaoke ONLY.
    okliy dokily?
    CompuHost can play normal mp3 tracks as well. It has an extra function called filter tunes but the only problem is all your tracks need to be names correctly (and not in the style itunes rips them in )
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeetabix View Post
    I use an older version of Virtual DJ for my Karaoke nights, I chose not to upgrade as I find it more reliable and stable than the newer ones. Very easy to use and minimum spec is quite low, so hardware is cheap to provide/replace and is easy to run from most laptops (with S-video out).

We have three nights a week at present and all my DJs find it easy to use, with very little training or introduction. The windows-side desktop setup tends to be where I spend most time in terms of educating users.

The database search is also quite intuitive and providing you have good file-tagging, you should be able to find most tracks without the track codes.
    Don't think you'll have any problems with 5.1 - it has to be one of the most stable updates VDJ has done since 4.3... I've used it live at gigs now a few times and not had an issue with it

But back on topic...

VDJ or OTS AV are the only real choice... Why bother with different software for different types of gigs... just use one reliable software that can do all (audio, video, Karaoke) and then at least you have the most flexible solution possible
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

Hi Everyone.
    AS I've menthined before, I've been using Swift Elite 4.0 and (other than a few fairly minor annoyances) I have no problem with it. However, as many have pointed out, VDJ does make switching between DJing and KJ very easy, and that is typical of my nights in some venues.

But, before I jump to VDJ, can some of you who use it for Karaoke answer a few questions:

1. Can you prepare a list of songs with singer names?
    2. Do you ever get traks that won't play or bad graphics? All my songs are unzipped (ie: seperate mp3 & CDG files for each track).
    3. Can you stop the annoying swirling of the two videos on the screen? Gosh I really don't like that.
    4. Can you build a database for easy searching?

I know these are questions I could possibly get answered in the VDJ forums but since you are using it for the same purpose I'm considering it, thought it made more sense to ask here.

Thanks.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

Anyone tryed Karafun? (www.karafun.com) Its impressive shame that the tracks for it cost abit. You can also use normal karaoke files as well

callum - i posted a comment earlier that i use karafun and find it spot on for me! as for the tracks it uses, i just use my hardrive full of cd&g s
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.

Quote Originally Posted by KaraokeDJ View Post

Can't remember if you can do this directly within VDJ. Don't think so but you can add any requests to the playlist as they come in and just keep the slips to cross-reference them for the singer name. Or keep NotePad open to jot down singers and songs.

2. Do you ever get traks that won't play or bad graphics? All my songs are unzipped (ie: seperate mp3 & CDG files for each track).
    Yes but this is usually down to the way the track has been ripped. Always make sure the CD+G is clean and rip at the slowest speed possible using a dedicated program such as CDGRipper.

3. Can you stop the annoying swirling of the two videos on the screen? Gosh I really don't like that.
    Yes. Simply choose a different video transition in the Effects menu.

You can search tracks and folders in VDJ. I can't remember exactly how but I think it's easier to create a virtual or favourite folder, add all of your tracks to that and then use the search box.

Thanks.
    You're welcome!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by axeman View Post
    callum - i posted a comment earlier that i use karafun and find it spot on for me! as for the tracks it uses, i just use my hardrive full of cd&g s
    Goes to show how much i read this forum

Thanks DazzyD for your answers. Does anyone else have twopence worth about what VDJ does?

Cheers.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

Ok here is my 2p and answers to your questions

Yes you can there is a karaoke plugin that appeared in VDJ 5.08 that keeps a list of singers and their chosen songs its very easy to use just drag and drop. It has text that you can configure telling the crowd who is next etc.
    If your songs are unzipped you wont have a problem the only issues i have seen are zip files that use too high a compression ratio for VDJ to read. if you get broken grahics its down to the files not the player that have been ripped at too high a speed or from damaged disks.

as said already choose a different transition
    the database on VDJ is very good and can seperate the different types of media you have karaoke , video and music.

I used swift elite for a long time and find VDJ a breath of fresh air the search is quick and doesn't affect performance unlike swift which tends to glitch if you search during a track in a large database. The automix is very good compared to swift and features such as the key changer that are built in make karaoke very easy to do. The beauty of the whole thing is being able to use every type of media in one program seamlessly.

I would suggest you download the trial version and have a play around and i am sure you will realise very quickly why so many people on the forum sing the praises of VDJ.