Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allen & Heath any good?

Default Allen & Heath any good?

does anybody use Allen & Heath mixing desks?
    As it stands I have seen a few and thought they looked the dogs danglies but have heard bad feedback on the reliability side i.e. usually if we get a mixer in for repair its usually an Allen & Heath.
    Allen & Heath are pretty high priced so you would expect at least the reliability side to be on the ball.

I would rather hear from the horses mouth though, the actual people that use them.

They are one of the best out there. Allen & Heaths Support is second to none.

I have the Xone 3d cost approx £1500 and cant fault it.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

I have a xone 62 no problems with it

Great mixers, fantastic faders, but the bigger ones are a bit overkill for a mobile IMO.

They've only just decided to make DJ friendly 19" mixers too.http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mixe..._heath/xone_s2

I dont have one myslef but have used one and they are really nice mixer to use. this was a 32 channel mixer but thats not the point.

If you can afford one then go for it.

a lot better than hellen and health ......

from what I understand Allen and Heath are exceptional mixers I have seen alot of threads on here in the last year or so where people have said how good the build quality is on them and how good the components are .... If you can afford one I think it would be a sound investment .
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Hi Karl

Why not arrange a trip down to Penryn (it's near Falmouth) and check 'em out at source. My neighbour works there so would you like me to ask him for info ??

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

The thing is though, the S2 doesn't appear to do much more than the Xone62... in fact it doesn't have the 4 band EQ like the 62. So essentially you're paying for the convenience of having a 4U unit rather than an 8U one!

Oh.. actually they did add USB support, but its useless as there's only one channel so no good for proper PC-DJing
    Last edited by Danno13; 21-01-2008 at 06:29 PM.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Compared with most other mixers on the market, they are built the way mixers used to be....to last.

Worth every penny.

The 3d is awesome if you want a fantastic mixer and midi controllers for controlling a laptop. Nothing else like it on the market that comes anywhere close.

Sound quality takes some believing as well, plug in an Allen & Heath after any other mixer and you will think you have a totally new sound system.

Most problems users have had with repairs are when local shops have been used. Allen & Heath have support like no other company I know I would only ever get them to carry out servicing or repairs.
    Last edited by DJ James Lake; 21-01-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

alot of top djs use them because one of there mixers works well with ablton live
    allen and heath are well built.you could also try rane mixers now they are the dogs