Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: most requested/popular karaoke songs

At the monent "Bleeding Love", "Take a Bow", and "Now You're Gone" are some of the most popular with the girls.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

Yep, it always seems to be the same old standard songs every karaoke you go to... although I can't recall anyone doing 'Islands In The Stream' - that would make a nice change.

When I was in Prague recently, we managed to find what must have been the only karaoke bar in the area, and still it was the same songs! There was a group of ****ney lads there, so there was a bit of banter between us and them, and the mass 'Sweet Caroline' sing-along was inevitable

Abba songs are popular at the moment too - due to the new production and album sales I suppose.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

501damian501

or maybe why dont you purchase the most wanted cdgs from sunfly or even the sunfly hits, very good imo,

you know just goes to show wherever you are in the country, they all ask for the same old crap!
    Paradise comes up every week,
    as does elvis
    as does diamond
    Argghhh!!!!!!
    valerie also - but at least MOST of the time you get someone half decent doin it.
    ttfn
    Nile

At a karaoke job i stand in now and again at a pub the songs are:

Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me
    Christina Aquilera - Fighter
    Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark

These are religously sung each week, even by a different person.

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me
    Christina Aquilera - Fighter
    Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
    That's different! I love it when DIFFERENT people do the regular songs. Get a bit fed up with the same people doing the same songs every week. Which is why I stopped doing regular pub nights. There wasn't as much fun as meeting a new bunch of people in different places doing different songs.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO

Quote Originally Posted by KaraokeDJ View Post
    That's different! I love it when DIFFERENT people do the regular songs. Get a bit fed up with the same people doing the same songs every week. Which is why I stopped doing regular pub nights. There wasn't as much fun as meeting a new bunch of people in different places doing different songs.
    Funny that. That's the exact same reason I didn't renew my last residency contract. I got tired of the same old people singing the same old songs - badly!

Now, personally, I only do the one-offs such as weddings, engagements, one-off pub nights. That's not to say that Lightning don't have residencies because we do - I just leave them to others! One of the perks of being the boss!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I only do the one-offs...
    Don't blame you. I have a blast at private parties etc., doing karaoke. Much easier to have a great 'party atmosphere' with a crowd who are there to really enjoy a one-off event rather than a crowd doing the same old same old Friday night pub crawl.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO

A few of my past residencies have been karaoke discos in fun-pubs where people are usually up for a good time and I did enjoy doing some of them. But I prefer parties where the complete range of age groups from the kids to the grannies are there. It's a challenge pleasing everyone but I've found that I have a talent for doing just that. As I've said before, I'm a family man who grew up on family parties so I'm right at home doing what I do!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!