Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 220 of 564 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 5637

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

I had a wedding in a marquee in Richmond on Friday - thankfully all the sides could be removed and there was a lovely breeze going through.

They had the their drinks reception at Ham House, with a string quartet playing before making their way to a nearby field around 4.30pm.

It was an inside/outside party, hog roast, free bar, croquet, friends camping overnight. Very arty/bohemian crowd, great taste in music, 1920's, swing, blues, folk during the early evening, Indie and alternative later (anything by the Pixies got big cheers and filled the tent with dancers).

We were due to finish around 1am, but just gone midnight some kids sabotaged the generator (which was quite a distance from the tent), they turned it off and nicked the key! Chase was given but they got away - so an early finish.

Which was good for me to be honest as Saturday I was a guest and also the DJ at my friends wedding in Dorset, so early start to get there in time to set-up.

Easy load in, parked right next to the fire exit which was right next to the small stage (I was spoilt over the weekend with both set-ups being only a few steps away)

Lovely hotel, nice gardens and an air conditioned main room. Background was Easy and Motown and it was lovely to sit and listen while eating as a guest for a change.

Considering the lovely evening and the bar being in a different room I had quite a few people with me all night (I expect the air conditioning really helped here). Varied playlist, lots of rock'n'roll, Quo, Stones, 70's disco, Motown, party classics, bit of chart and a fair bit of Ska and Mod.

A midnight finish and then a 2 1/2 hour drive home (first part along country lanes in quite thick fog) finds me a bit tired today - but an excellent weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Closed question here... Was that statement aimed at me?
    Yes.

'Ibizia' type music! Lol - Even more LOLs at the tracks you played

Happy to share some knowledge if required. BUT the fact she asked for Ibiza type music and couldn't come up with any suggestions suggests she didn't have a clue either.

Great Night last night for me. A multi-cultural wedding. Brazilian/English.

Alot of the pre-requests were Brazilian Forro and Salsa. Although I had no previous knowledge of this genre I worked the playlist around BPM and I think it went well. I even had a go at beatmixing the occasional trak(tor)

Gave out 15 business cards, got a SIX hundred pound tip. Had EVERYONE dancing all night long. Cracker

(P.S I am being facetious, BUT I had a very healthy floor - I guess the heat wasn't an issue - Even though I was saturated)

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

It was nice to work with Peter again last night. Peter took the gig. I had planned to not go out and work again while 1st September. But id had one or two calls during the day from people that had been let down by another DJ.

Id been on my mobile at the time helping a local dj out with something. Come off the line id had a voicemail so i checked my voicemails and someone had contacted me. To ask if i could go out and cover a gig. Id tried to ring them back but didnt get any answer from them.

Round about Quarter to six last night. My mobile phone rings again. Someone else had been let down and they wanted karaoke. So i give Peter a ring and ask him if he's available. I said to Peter ill come and help him if he wants help.

Upon arrival with the kit there was people in the room who were arriving but we said to the couple who's engagement party it was and said we will try and get it setup as quick as possible. They was pleased and thankful that we have saved the day.

With karaoke. Myself and Peter we have different methods of running karaoke.

When a singer has done their song. I have background music playing while the next singer comes up on stage and switches their mic on. Then ill drop the volume and go into the karaoke track. Peters method works with silence in between singers so Peter didnt like the way i do it.

so Peter had the mute switch at hand when i put background music on

With regards to the DJ 2 Go unit for the money its a good little unit. It works well. I wouldnt swap one for my MC6000 though but might get one for my 2nd laptop playout as i have to use a mouse or touchpad to cue up on that one.

All in all it was a good night. They enjoyed it so that was that.

We did a freinds wedding last night, not busy but plenty dancing and requests.

All was well until we were packing up, when Pauline (my fiance) slipped on the tiled floor in front of the bar and landed on her back.

She really hurt her left arm while trying to catch her fall. It was worse this morning so i took her to A & E. Shes got a hairline fracture in the arm bone just below the elbow, and her elbow joint is badly damaged. This will need weeks of physo. Not good
    Dave
    DSF Mobile Discos
    www.dsfdiscos.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Yes.
    Well I would suggest you get a grasp of English before making statements like that.

Angela put a clear and concise reasoning of your post.

Crazy posted ... Makes sense.

I posted ... Okay right.

What part of my statement questions anything, I am agreeing with Angela's viewpoint, end of story.

Why you have to carry things on is beyond me.

Unless of course, you wanted a two thousand word three page essay justifying and explaining my statement!

Beyond belief!

Come on chaps.... I think the heat is getting to everyone today.

Take a deep breath and have either an ice cream or a cold beer (or both), but let's not start sniping at each other.

Silver, my mistake so apologies. I was probably half asleep and not taking that much notice so forget about it. Why you feel the need to have a little dig there regarding the length of post etc is a bit of a surprise but then again, join the queue.
    On another note, I edited a previous post in reply to comments made towards me with reference to "not having a clue" about a certain genre of music. I don't see why people can't reply to a comment without having a dig. All it results in is the thread going downhill and people end up getting slapped wrists. As I have said before, if you don't like reading my posts then just ignore them, it's as simple that really.....isn't it?

Angela, I just had a gold Magnum and am sat in the garden now having just cracked open a can of Strongbow. I'm cool thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Silver, my mistake so apologies. I was probably half asleep and not taking that much notice so forget about it. Why you feel the need to have a little dig there regarding the length of post etc is a bit of a surprise but then again, join the queue.
    On another note, I edited a previous post in reply to comments made towards me with reference to "not having a clue" about a certain genre of music. I don't see why people can't reply to a comment without having a dig. All it results in is the thread going downhill and people end up getting slapped wrists. As I have said before, if you don't like reading my posts then just ignore them, it's as simple that really.....isn't it?

Angela, I just had a gold Magnum and am sat in the garden now having just cracked open a can of Strongbow. I'm cool thanks.
    Thank you, no probs.

I'm off for a Scrumpy Jack now!

Enjoy it!
    This cider is going down nicely.
    Cheers!