Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 375 of 564 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 5636

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

I'd say the same too Peter.
    I use them in my Swarms now and then and I like the way you can adjust the speed of them or turn them off.
    I used them last night with smoke and they looked bloody great....and it was a wedding. They didn't get turned on until it got dark though and the lasers were pointing upwards.

Fair enough but in my residency there's just no scope to mount my 2 scorpions anywhere & the gigAbar wipes them out anyway. The ceiling in the place is mostly glass too. I've got that marquee gig coming up in August but guess what? Everything over the dancefloor is black!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    and the week after it's holiday time. Country and Western week in Norfolk. Yee haw, as Crazy would perhaps say.
    Yee ha ! Peter as well.

Its Country and Western every night for me when I work these days--where is it and who are the "stars" appearing?

Couldnt see anything on a quick google check?

Sadly the great days of the Wembley Country Music festival are long gone

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Yee ha ! Peter as well.

-where is it and who are the "stars" appearing?

Couldnt see anything on a quick google check?
    Seacroft holiday village, Hemsby.VWP Holidays and concerts are promoters. Monday 13th to Thursday 16th

Artists are Capricorn, Ridgeway Country, Texas Gun Trio, Nicky James, Brian Mann, Dave Anderson and Hayden Wakelin, Kickin Country, and The Storms.
    We've stayed at Hemsby before, it's a lovely place.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Default golden wedding tears

On Saturday I was at a local Holiday Inn alongside a band, but that's another story, trust me! Anyway, I have to admit Saturday night was very emotional. I will try and keep it as brief as possible !
    A golden wedding anniversary, I spoke to the couple in question for some time whilst I was setting up. They were obviously still very much in love. He had health problems and was undergoing treatment for kidney issues, hadn't drank alcohol in 3 years, and was recently diagnosed with Cancer and was due to go to cancer hospital to receive results of biopsys he had had, but he said it was terminal.....
    They didn't have a reception or party when they got married, it wasn't the thing to do and they certainly couldn't afford it.
    Musically they really weren't influenced but she really liked engelbert humperdink. they both said they probably wouldn't get up to dance as she also had a heart condition and didn't want to overdo it.
    There was a buffet, and at the end of this the son made a speech as they cut their cake.
    My little brain kicked in and I lay the story out to all the guests present, risky I know but something in my addled brain kicked in.Some knew about the original wedding some didn't.
    I announced that I wanted the couple to come to the dance floor, once there I announced that although they hadn't been able to have a first dance 50 years ago, tonight they would, surrounded by their family and friends, and promptly played "the last waltz" by engelbert. there wasn't a dry eye in the house, and that includes me !
    I lost count of how many people came and thanked and hugged me. The son and daughter were lovely and told me that I had just done something no one else could ever have done.........
    I love what I do, last night was a very special night indeed !!
    always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else......

That's just around the corner from where I will be living. We'll be in Ormesby.

Seacroft holiday village, Hemsby.VWP Holidays and concerts are promoters. Monday 13th to Thursday 16th

Artists are Capricorn, Ridgeway Country, Texas Gun Trio, Nicky James, Brian Mann, Dave Anderson and Hayden Wakelin, Kickin Country, and The Storms.
    No Dolly Parton or Alan Jackson then

Actually a lot of the cover bands are good.

It usually unwraps when you get a gig like mine on Saturday for Country nuts.

Needs to centre around Mavericks and Garth Brooks.

Not many bands who could handle that.

Lucky Crazy K has a mass of tracks from them.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mike8863 View Post
    On Saturday I was at a local Holiday Inn alongside a band, but that's another story, trust me! Anyway, I have to admit Saturday night was very emotional. I will try and keep it as brief as possible !
    A golden wedding anniversary, I spoke to the couple in question for some time whilst I was setting up. They were obviously still very much in love. He had health problems and was undergoing treatment for kidney issues, hadn't drank alcohol in 3 years, and was recently diagnosed with Cancer and was due to go to cancer hospital to receive results of biopsys he had had, but he said it was terminal.....
    They didn't have a reception or party when they got married, it wasn't the thing to do and they certainly couldn't afford it.
    Musically they really weren't influenced but she really liked engelbert humperdink. they both said they probably wouldn't get up to dance as she also had a heart condition and didn't want to overdo it.
    There was a buffet, and at the end of this the son made a speech as they cut their cake.
    My little brain kicked in and I lay the story out to all the guests present, risky I know but something in my addled brain kicked in.Some knew about the original wedding some didn't.
    I announced that I wanted the couple to come to the dance floor, once there I announced that although they hadn't been able to have a first dance 50 years ago, tonight they would, surrounded by their family and friends, and promptly played "the last waltz" by engelbert. there wasn't a dry eye in the house, and that includes me !
    I lost count of how many people came and thanked and hugged me. The son and daughter were lovely and told me that I had just done something no one else could ever have done.........
    I love what I do, last night was a very special night indeed !!

That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    That's just around the corner from where I will be living. We'll be in Ormesby.
    Well if you're round there next week give me a call, and I'll let you buy me a small sherry.

OK, Friday first.
    A ride out to a Fayre and Square hotel near Retford, which must have been very grand in its heyday. Very nice access to room capable of seating over a hundred. I had forty one, for a Rugby awards evening.

Partly because all the big gear is already set up in the marquee at home ( of which more later ) and partly because I knew numbers would be low, I took the Micromax, 10"Altos, and Powerbar. It was ample for the purpose.

The organiser had forecast the events of the night exactly. Meal with background music, presentation next needing radio mic, which will end around 9.30 pm. Then the ( few ) ladies there will dance, while the fellas hit the bar, and could we have some Motown please? The Ladies wanted various megamixes, so we had a few of those, and a mix of predominantly older stuff/classics. For the first ninety minutes I was basically playing to four or five Ladies, who were asking for some good stuff. Then, as we entered the last hour, a couple of fellas left the bar, and one asked for a bit of Toots and The Maytals. From there on, we hit paydirt. 54-46 first, followed by Monkey man, Night boat to Cairo, Request came in for Town Called Malice, from there we had some Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, and back to Tamla. Ended up being a surprisingly good night.

So, tonight. Good news, bad news.

Good news: It's virtually in my backyard. It's now set up ready, all my neighbours and friends will be there, and I may even fall from the path of righteousness and try a small glass of the real ale currently reposing on the bar.

Bad news: Due to two nights of heavy rain, it's a swamp. Tonight I shall be DJ'ing in a very smart pair of wellies. Lord knows when I'll switch off tomorrow morning, I certainly don't.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hang on there a minute Peter... People requested megamixes by name ? Which ones?