Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 127 of 564 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 5637

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

My thoughts exactly.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    What Britpop tracks did you play then? I didn't see many in that gig report further up
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Hokey Cokey?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Oi !! Use the censored icon when using those 2 words please!!!!

Well guy's, i never talk on here,i don't mean to be rude but i get so caught up in reading all the post's and forget to join in.
    Anyway just thought i'd mention that Sat past i had my 1st experience of doing a gig in Edinburgh Castle.Woman that had been to one of my Christmas parties booked me for her 30th.
    I wasn't aware you could hire room's in the castle,they now wan't to hire my services for Christmas this year in the castle........Happy days!!!!!!!

Congrats to you Scotsguy!!! Sounds Ace - Visted the castle last time I visited Edinburgh and what an amazing venue!!! Access must be a pig though?!?!
    Ralph @ Disco Magic
    www.disco-magic.co.uk
    www.toastmasterinsurrey.co.uk

"Creating Magical Memories and Exceptional Events"

Thanks! yes it was,2 flights of narrow stairs and through a room to the room where i played in.Lucky for me i had 3 members of staff help me in and out at end of night

Guys,

I didn't play any brit pop - bar the obvious.

It didn't go down well so the Groom was happy to do my thing.

Wednesday
    Helped a friend to set up at the venue, for the university students union ,we were not required until 9pm, we decided to get there for 8 to be on hand as they were having a presentation of awards, 8.30pm still waiting for my friend and fellow dj to arrive he had ran out of petrol, me looking at my watch every few secs thinking was going to have to start without him. Fortunately he wasn't to far from the petrol station and he was there for 8.45. we sat untill 9.30pm while they gave all the awards out. once that had finished the room emptied and we were left playing to about 20 people, started with a bit of rnb turned in to a cheesefest for an hour time warp, was the first track requested, rick astley filled the floor. By 11 the dance floor was empty as was the bar, everyone had gone into Bournemouth (the organisers disappeared just after 10).

I did a 70th Birthday gig last night for a lady who runs a social club out of town. She has given me lots of work in the past and it's a short duration and a good payer.
    It's one of those places that is stuck in a backstreet and has a healthy number of regulars. I have done stuff there in the hall for private hire functions and also nights for the regulars. It's like being in a time warp to be honest when you play to the regulars as anything new-ish doesn't really work. They love the classics, cheese etc..

Anyway, it went well. Lots of oldies there who wanted Rock n Roll, 60's and Cheese. There were grannies doing dance routines as if they had been having lessons and it was funny because they did the same routine whether they were dancing to 'Mama Mia' or 'Rock Around The Clock' !!

For the first time in a long time, I played quite a few slowies as they had been requested by the Birthday 'Girl' and the dancefloor packed out with them smooching to the likes of Bette Midler, Eric Clapton etc....I finished off the night with some 'singalong' tracks like 'Sweet Caroline', 'The Wonder of You' and then some stuff from Grease and finally 'Amarillo' as requested. They absolutely loved it. I was packed away and home indoors with a beer by 12.40am.

I'll be honest though....we talked earlier this week on the forum about certain tracks being beneath us and do we think we are 'too good' (or something like that), to be playing them. Well, I'll be honest...at one point last night the thought actually went through my head "What am I doing?"...the reason being, I almost felt like I was looking down on myself and saw myself playing to a bunch of Oldies (no disrespect at all) and playing lots of music that really wasn't my cup of tea at all but it lasted less than a minute and I kind of slapped myself round the chops and realised that the reason I was there was because it was my job and they were enjoying themselves and I was being paid well for it. I actually ended up thinking very positive things because there's no attitude and more often than not, these gigs are really easy to do. I did actually enjoying myself and I am sure I am not the only one that has had thoughts like that before.

Up early this morning to set up for tonight's wedding in one of my regular venues out of town. Tonight should be a cracker...lots of Indie/Alternative/Chart and 80's requested already.

Got a Wedding tonight for which the playlist is in the music section. If you haven't seen it then its one of the best playlists that you could wish for. Got uplighting going in too for green/pink so great to get shots of that.

Been on a run of 8 or so really awesome gigs club/mobile including last nights and after this last week being really productive I am half expecting something to go wrong.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk