Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 10 of 564 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Note to Propeller: Don't panic Mr Mainwaring, I've only had one gig like this in thirty years. You should be well in with your Jazz/Swing /Ratpack.
    I may even have to purchase that Mr Bubble's album, I don't think I can avoid it any longer!
    I hate to burst your Bublé, but you'll need to buy all three major releases
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Quote Originally Posted by theoloyla View Post
    Hey great music. Wish I had a few more gigs like that.
    So do I Theo, so do I!

Quote Originally Posted by PropellerHeadCase View Post
    I hate to burst your Bublé, but you'll need to buy all three major releases
    Play the game mate, I've only just braced myself to buy one!

Fair enough, but that makes it tough as the self-titled album has 'Come Fly With Me', 'For Once in My Life', 'Moondance' (brilliant version), and 'Sway'. 'It's Time' on the other hand has 'How Sweet it is (To Be Loved By You)', 'Quando, Quando, Quando' (brilliant version featuring Nelly Furtado), and 'Save the Last Dance for Me'. You can probably hold off on the latest album except that, here in NZ, anyway, 'Everything' has to be the most popular addition to the first dance list since Jack Johnson 'Better Together'.

Maybe buy the abovenamed tracks on iTunes and make a Bubblemix?
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Fair enough, but that makes it tough as the self-titled album has 'Come Fly With Me', 'For Once in My Life', 'Moondance' (brilliant version), and 'Sway'. 'It's Time' on the other hand has 'How Sweet it is (To Be Loved By You)', 'Quando, Quando, Quando' (brilliant version featuring Nelly Furtado), and 'Save the Last Dance for Me'. You can probably hold off on the latest album except that, here in NZ, anyway, 'Everything' has to be the most popular addition to the first dance list since Jack Johnson 'Better Together'.

Maybe buy the abovenamed tracks on iTunes and make a Bubblemix?
    First of all, not everybody gets their music from iTunes. Woolies yes, iTunes no! If I can't hold it in my hand, I can't play it!

Thanks for nothing Alan, as a complete ignoramus. I was just goin to buy the latest, TV advertised one! Now I've got to research it!

I have 4 of his albums and think he is brilliant. Right up my ally, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    First of all, not everybody gets their music from iTunes. Woolies yes, iTunes no! If I can't hold it in my hand, I can't play it!

Thanks for nothing Alan, as a complete ignoramus. I was just goin to buy the latest, TV advertised one! Now I've got to research it!
    On the contrary I was being very helpful - it really is a toss up between those two, for you, however take the self-titled album first, I reckon.
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

On the contrary I was being very helpful - it really is a toss up between those two, for you, however take the self-titled album first, I reckon.
    I agree and that's the one I play the most.

How can you mend a broken heart is divine and sounds fantastic through a decent sound system too.

Thank you both for your advice. I shall have to look on Amazon to see. While I'm there, I might pick up some I was introduced to on Saturday.

I have my first wedding disco tonight and it went very very well indeed

The couple were 21 & 22.

It all started at 6pm so i kicked it off with some 50's right up to some 80's as people were arriving. I was huming and erring about if this was the right music to play but I did see people tapping feet and singing along so I guess that was a good thing.

The couple did have a first dance song which sadly I did not have but they asked for A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis which was played instead. They asked for the first dance to be played early which I did because other people were eager to dance. I guess that was a good thing as i was getting people in the mood for dancing when they were sober.

I played a loy of the usuall party music i play but i did get requested for Summer Of 69 by Bryan Adams which was a masssive hit and got everybody dancing and singing.

I had about 50% of everybody up dancing as they had family from all over the world.

I did have this one woman who was asking for some motown. SO I played some and it cleared the floor. . As the couple was young all they wanted was fast dance style music which I played. Even the parents of the b&g were dacing to H2O and all that type of music.

In the end i had to stop early as they had 2 minibuses out side to take some people back home, but I think some of them went clubbing.

As I was leaving the grooms parents spoke to me and were both extreamly happy with my service and was happy with the overall entertainment provided.

I left with a very big smile and drove home.

Also.... I just want to say thanks for everybody who showed and shared some input for some of the questions I have been asking. It really helped me a lot. Thanks guys and gals. Have a or on me.

Well done Tom!

Now you've done your first wedding, you don't need to worry about them anymore, so you can add them to the list of occasions you cover.

The only bit of advice I can give after reading your post is about the first dance. It's always a good idea to find out what they want for their first dance BEFORE the actual gig. That way, you can make sure you have it.

Here's to your next wedding!