Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 101 of 564 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5636

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    Nice one Mike!
    Did the Uplighters do the trick?
    It definitely made a big difference IMO, the two couples we had already spoken about really liked them and said they'll be in touch. I also had ANOTHER enquiry at the end of the night for a Wedding too, so its ALL good

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Think yourself lucky. The other night, during a race night, I had - the music man, the time warp, hey baby, hi ho silver lining, agadoo then superman - all in that order
    Rather you than me, I started to visibly cringe at one point whilst pretending to be enjoying myself

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

Think yourself lucky. The other night, during a race night, I had - the music man, the time warp, hey baby, hi ho silver lining, agadoo then superman - all in that order
    That's terrible........................................

......you didn't include Macarena & Cha Cha Slide

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic Events View Post
    I must say it was one of the best gigs I have done in a loooong time. ....Unfortunately I couldn't escape the cheese and ended up getting them both up to the front of the stage, got the rowdy crowd to give them a cheer Followed by Oops Upside Your Head with them both heading up the lines! Then the CONGA - Then SUPERMAN! WTF!!! They were lapping it up... and it's all about giving the customers what they want, right?
    Spot on ! ..... that's all that ever matters
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    That's terrible........................................

......you didn't include Macarena & Cha Cha Slide
    Agreed. He should be ashamed of himself.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quality

Where did you find my wedding play list

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Local gig , five minutes down the road, a last minute job in a nearby pub at a party for a local haulage firm. When I first went in and asked where to go, they said " Well usually, when the carvery is finished, we put a cover over it, and work from there!!

Tables were all set, so Procrustes and I got the gear to fit perfectly in the available space by the dancefloor. Very cramped, I was nearly sat on table five!!!
    Punters come in, and don't fancy the layout. Table five has now crossed the room, I'm still cramped in the corner, but now with acres of space at the side of me. Hey ho.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

First gig of 2011 for me tonight.a 40th birthday party .good night,brilliant crowd who were up for a good time.The birthday girl asked my to finish of the night by playing the time of my life by black eyed peas.

hope to have a few more like this in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster mobile disco View Post
    [The birthday girl asked my to finish of the night by playing the time of my life by black eyed peas]
    Has to be the worst track they've done. On the last four occasions I've played it (to young crowds as well) it's cleared the floor everytime.

I won't be playing that again anytime soon

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    Has to be the worst track they've done. On the last four occasions I've played it (to young crowds as well) it's cleared the floor everytime.

I played the original tonight - it packed the floor, probably in relief that it wasn't the BEP version!

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post

When it was first released it packed the dance floor every time, now the novelty is wearing off. I've got a good mashup between the BEP track and "I love rock and roll" which goes down well

Julian

Just wanted to share a fantastic function this last weekend.

Did a wedding on Saturday which will stay in my memory for a very long time. The B&G were thoroughly great fun & decent and friendly, the guests were a pleasure from start to finish, food & drink provided & the venue was pleasant with easy access. Played background music from 1.30pm - 4pm then from 6pm - 7pm. At 7pm the party started with an 11.15pm finish.

The groom was Dutch and is a musician in a New Orleans funk band. The music they requested was awesome, Dr John, The Meters, Tower of Power etc. Also asked for Blues, Soul and Funk. The Dutch guests knew how to party. As a 'just in case track' I highly reccomend obtaining Per Spoor by Guus Meeuwis, a great Dutch party song that went down a storm.

A packed floor almost all night with just a couple of lapses due to duff requests. The brides niece also belted out an amazing karaoke version of Valerie. Great voice for such a youngster.

Just wanted to thank Martin (funkymook) for passing this one on. Proves the value of this Forum when used properly.

Cheers, Andy