Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 12 of 564 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

Default Frimley Green Football Club

I made a trip to Frimley Green Football Club last night to attend a family 30th party and to see one of surrey’s Mobile discos in action, did not get his card so I am not sure who he was.

I went and requested a song for the wife and had a quick chat with the Dj who had a very nice approachable manner.

The set up with the cables all sorted and neat looked good although I did think personally that it did look a bit cluttered.

On the main truss was:- 4 x Martin Destroyers (which I liked) 4 x Par 56 par cans, 2 x ishow, and the biggest strobe I have ever seen!!!!!

Sound wise it looked like a Warrior system with tops and subs.

The main playout system was 50/50 between Cds and a laptop loaded with Tractor.

The evening went ok but I did get the impression that there were a few nerves from the dj about him using the mic, the crowd were really up for some fun (it was a fancy dress event) but the mic was used eventually and he did a good job.

All in all it was an interesting evening to see how other Djs differ in how we put over our show.
    Facebook - Bumble 'B' Roadshow
    Twitter - KidsChaos
    Skype - Garry.Williams402

Dazzy, you can edit your posts. No need for 3 on the bounce unless they are posted with a fair gap in between.

Last night's gig. After I'd finished the C&B manager turned to me & said "I'm glad I left a big dancefloor tonight". Says it all.

Lol played an extra hour & got a tip at his gig (the git!)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    So everything was going fine tonight, at about 11:30 a bunch of chavs came in looking for a a dealer, they were ok at first, just dancing and everything, then one guy comes up and says "did you see where my wallet went", I said no, then he kept asking me as if I knew where it went then grabbed me by the neck, so hard that I couldnt breathe and said "if you have seen it, you better tell me or i will bite your ****ing nose off, do you understand? do you? do you? DO YOU?" I struggle to say yes, then he lets go of me. Then when they found the dealer he refused to give them anything, then they guy picks up a stool and throws it across the room. At this point I turned everything off and ran upstairs with my laptop. I have no idea what happened next, when it was over I went downstairs and everything had been trashed, and there were 2 broken windows. In a few mins I have to go and talk to the 5-0 and tell them what happened. Im so nervous and scared, I dont want to do it no more, just incase one of them sees me and threatens to kill me again

sorry if this has gone on for a bit and doesnt make sense, but im shakeing so badly and everything. I think I am going to put my gear on ebay later, i dont think I want to do a gig anymore.. I love doing it, but i just dont think ill be able too after this.. I dont know, im so confused right now...

Ill probably just laugh at this or something in a few days time, but whatever...
    Hi Daryl,
    Like others I was sorry to hear you had a fright on Thursday night. Everyone seems to assume it was a club but you have not re-posted. Maybe it was a pub. Either way if it is being used by drug dealers I dont think it is the sort of place I would want to work at. Although as the others have said major violence is rare at gigs these days I would think twice about working there again. There are other venues. You are still young; so why not try to get some experience by helping out/roadying for some of the other guys on here. You dont feel so vulnerable if you are not on your own. Whereabouts in Kent are you? Its a big county.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    So everything was going fine tonight, at about 11:30 a bunch of chavs came in looking for a a dealer, they were ok at first, just dancing and everything, then one guy comes up and says "did you see where my wallet went", I said no, then he kept asking me as if I knew where it went then grabbed me by the neck, so hard that I couldnt breathe and said "if you have seen it, you better tell me or i will bite your ****ing nose off, do you understand? do you? do you? DO YOU?" I struggle to say yes, then he lets go of me. Then when they found the dealer he refused to give them anything, then they guy picks up a stool and throws it across the room. At this point I turned everything off and ran upstairs with my laptop. I have no idea what happened next, when it was over I went downstairs and everything had been trashed, and there were 2 broken windows. In a few mins I have to go and talk to the 5-0 and tell them what happened. Im so nervous and scared, I dont want to do it no more, just incase one of them sees me and threatens to kill me again

sorry if this has gone on for a bit and doesnt make sense, but im shakeing so badly and everything. I think I am going to put my gear on ebay later, i dont think I want to do a gig anymore.. I love doing it, but i just dont think ill be able too after this.. I dont know, im so confused right now...

Ill probably just laugh at this or something in a few days time, but whatever...

Dont let it get to you it means that thay have won! We have have bad experences through out gigs. Some worse and others. You just have to watchout for things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Dazzy, you can edit your posts. No need for 3 on the bounce unless they are posted with a fair gap in between.
    Sorry Steve. I didn't know that. I haven't even worked out yet how to do posts where you can quote several posts at the same time. Can anyone tell how to do this?

Thanks!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Sorry Steve. I didn't know that. I haven't even worked out yet how to do posts where you can quote several posts at the same time. Can anyone tell how to do this?

Thanks!
    Hiya Dazzy,

At the bottom right of each post you will see a "send pm" button, a "quote" button, and then a small button with " and + in it.

This is the multi-quote button. Just click this button in all the posts you want to quote (it will turn red once clicked), and then click on "post reply" after the last post in the thread.

It will then bring up a reply box containing all the posts you've highlighted.

You can then edit them down to the bits you want to respond to & add your replies.

Hope this makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post

Thanks!
    Click the multi quote button which is found on the post you want to quote on the bottom on the right.

When you have clicked on the number of people you want to quote click on post reply under the last post.

Thankyou Rob! I didnt understand that either.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

I did 3 disco's this weekend, 1 not good, 1 ok and one was excellent.

1st disco - Friday 11th April - Wedding reception.

Event was booked a few months ago and they said they also had a female duo so I thought I'd charge a bit less than I normally do. Did it for £250.
    Got there at 5:30 as they said it would start at 7. The receptionist at the hotel said that they had just sat down for the meal and had just got starters so would be about 1 & 1/2 hours. I went home as I only live about 5 mins from the venue.
    Got back at 6:30 and met the girl duo, nice girls so chatted for a while.
    We were told that we could go in at 7:30, which we did. The girls had a HUGE backdrop and took up most of the back wall, which left me squeezed into a corner, very tight getting in and out.
    To my horror I'd forgotten to pack my headphones but luckily I had enough time to shoot back home and get them.
    All in place at 8:30 and played background music on automix for half hour as the guests arrived. The girls went on at 9:00 for 45 mins. This was again lucky as I'd forgotten the adaptor plug for my headphones so shot off again to get them. Got back and played first proper set from 9:45 til 11:00 with a small break for food (odd as they had only just finished eating ) Needless to say there was loads left over which the toastmaster said I could help myself too (so I did). Girls 2nd spot was at 11:00 and at this point the 40 strong crowd started drifting off and was reduced to around 15 people. No one danced to the girls and I felt for them. I went back on at 11:45 til 1:00am. Not many danced but I found out they liked motown and the old stuff so kept them happy(ish) til the end.

A bit of a dull night really and I don't think I could have done anything more (apart from remember my headphones). The B&G hardly made an appearance all night and just spent most of the night at the bar (in another room). I went and asked if they were ok and they said yeah I was doing fine and they just weren't 'dancey' people.

2nd disco - Saturday 12th April - Local Residency - just a normal (but fairly quiet night)

3rd disco - Sunday 13th April 7pm-9pm - 12th Birthday party.

Well what can I say, about 30 girls & no boys, they were really polite and well spoken and danced non-stop for 2 hours. I really enjoyed it (even with my pounding head from lack of sleep)

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Hiya Dazzy,

At the bottom right of each post you will see a "send pm" button, a "quote" button, and then a small button with " and + in it.

This is the multi-quote button. Just click this button in all the posts you want to quote (it will turn red once clicked), and then click on "post reply" after the last post in the thread.

It will then bring up a reply box containing all the posts you've highlighted.

You can then edit them down to the bits you want to respond to & add your replies.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Click the multi quote button which is found on the post you want to quote on the bottom on the right.

When you have clicked on the number of people you want to quote click on post reply under the last post.
    Thanks Darren!

Quote Originally Posted by theoloyla View Post
    Thankyou Rob! I didnt understand that either.
    And Theo seems to have been around forever! It's nice when you realize you've asked a question that other people are wondering as well. Especially when those who are a lot more experienced in the forum are in the same boat.

And this post goes to prove it works!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!