Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 564 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

Had a blinding gig on Friday... Bride and Groom delayed their departure by half an hour it was so good, but very little in the way of positive comments afterwards.

Tonight, the reverse, horrible set-up, difficult crowd, impossible requests from the groom given the guests, yet three cheers for the DJ at the end of the night
    Last edited by PropellerHeadCase; 01-03-2008 at 12:49 PM.
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Good Gig: Corporate 70s night I did over the christmas season, all in fancy dress, well up for it and great tunes all night.

Bad Gig: A 21st in January, only about 50 people.. who spent most of the time downstairs in the bar. I also had a poorly van, so had to arrange alternative transport (cheers James ). Feedback from the client was really good, but it was just a boring night and not what you expect most 21sts to be like...
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

last night was a wedding between white english girl and asian groom. Obviously a multiracial audience and it was a blinder. Everyone danced from the first record to the close. Good atmosphere. Well pleased. I've got a 60th birthday tonight.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

Quote Originally Posted by theoloyla View Post
    last night was a wedding between white english girl and asian groom. Obviously a multiracial audience and it was a blinder. Everyone danced from the first record to the close. Good atmosphere. Well pleased. I've got a 60th birthday tonight.
    I have a similar wedding booked in and i'm really looking forward to it.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

I had a very good gig tonight. A wedding at a hotel about 30 minutes away. They wanted more current stuff and r & b than I usually play, so I obliged.

They were a really lively crowd & it was a great night.

At the end, after the bride had come up & thanked me very much, her father (who had booked me) came over, thanked me very much, said he would use me for any other discos they needed & also said he would be happy to act as a referee for potential future clients.

Job done!

I thought I had a bad gig last night (surprise 40th & only half the invited guests turned up.) Hardly any dancers, but thanked most profusely by both the birthday boy & his other half at the end for playing some "excellent music"
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    thanked most profusely by both the birthday boy & his other half at the end for playing some "excellent music"
    You didn't play your normal stuff then?

The birthday party went well last night. Birthday girl was into soul and RnB (especially BoyzIIMen). Only a small party and it never got wild but pleasant none the less. Had a request for an old favourite from the 70's I havent played in yonks - "Nice and Slow" by Jesse Green. Good to hear it again and it filled the dancefloor.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

Well i had abit of a bad gig last night... was at Jesters on Ackworth where i hold a residency,
    was going great after the band came on i was playing old school dance & R&B and there was aload of young ones on the dancefloor... then the bar maid came up and said that i had to play abba or something and clear the dancefloor so they would go home so she could have an early night.

I told her where to go put it that way!

I didn't work last night, so I consider that a very good gig!