Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 409 of 564 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 5634

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

Default Arch Nemesis

I DJ'd at a wedding late last year and went through the usual pre-event discussions based around music, unfortunately the lady who booked me faild to tell me that the brides loved reggae, now I have a little bit, but not much.

This older lady kept coming up making requests throughout the night, mainly for reggae and each time she got more and more annoyed with me - until it got to a point towards the end of the night when I looked up and caught eyes with her at which point she proceeded to make the er sign at me.

I've done 4 or 5 events since where she has also been attending, needless to say, we don't see eye-to-eye

Mod note: Please do not use symbols to get round the forum censor. Use this little fella instead. Thank you, Excalibur.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 24-08-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deanoakley View Post
    I DJ'd at a wedding late last year and went through the usual pre-event discussions based around music, unfortunately the lady who booked me faild to tell me that the brides loved reggae, now I have a little bit, but not much.

This older lady kept coming up making requests throughout the night, mainly for reggae and each time she got more and more annoyed with me - until it got to a point towards the end of the night when I looked up and caught eyes with her at which point she proceeded to make the er sign at me.

I've done 4 or 5 events since where she has also been attending, needless to say, we don't see eye-to-eye

Mod note: Please do not use symbols to get round the forum censor. Use this little fella instead. Thank you, Excalibur.
    Why wasnt the bride involved in this as well--???

Playlists agreed with whoever is paying you will generally get rid of these kind of problems, strange it wasnt the most important person.

Just have the list ready to show the awkward bunch who want to kill the party with stupid irrelevant requests.

Or in this case forgot to tell you important information.

I honestly have no idea why. I was told that they love Motown, disco and 80s but nothing about reggae, made me look a right idiot.

And sorry about the language, lesson learned.

I had a wedding the other week where all cheesy dances were banned. So what happened when the daughter of a friend of the bride wanted Cotton Eye Joe? An inquisition. Made me look a right

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Beats me why the plastic cabs have handles & the heavier wooden ones don't
    IT IS A GREAT SHAME!
    I love these things and use them all the time.
    I have a pair of 15 Yamaha DXRs which are good but these are better.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Thoroughly entertaining wedding last night. There were dance offs, and man dressed as a chicken, a man with a box on his head and a world record of dropped glasses.

More importantly, that was the end of the run. Tonight I get to go to bed whilst it's still tonight...not early hours tomorrow.

One more gig tomorrow (a midnight finish - yay!) and then I'm done until mid September.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Thoroughly entertaining wedding last night. There were dance offs, and man dressed as a chicken, a man with a box on his head and a world record of dropped glasses.
    Classy one, eh Benny?

and then I'm done until mid September.
    And we all know what happens in mid September, don't we children?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    I had a wedding the other week where all cheesy dances were banned. So what happened when the daughter of a friend of the bride wanted Cotton Eye Joe? An inquisition. Made me look a right
    Cotton Eyed Joe cheesy?

Nah=== Classic Country

More importantly, that was the end of the run. Tonight I get to go to bed whilst it's still tonight...not early hours tomorrow.

One more gig tomorrow (a midnight finish - yay!) and then I'm done until mid September.

Well done that man!

I've got to get in the van and drive 200 miles back to Basingstoke tomorrow for 2 gigs this weekend and that'll do me in.

I've loaded the van and checked, double checked and triple checked and I hope I haven't missed anything.
    Wedding with Uplighting on Saturday and Race Day with Disco from 4.00pm - 11.30pm Sunday.

repeat after me... 8 more gigs to BPM, BPM BPM... 8 more gigs to BPM.. silver shamrock..

Or whatever.

Well, another fun midweek wedding for me, playlisted to heck, but nigh on the whole list worked (except Disco 2000, which cleared the floor!) & I inserted my own (ooer). B&G were nice, as were their guests. Very up for pretty much anything. I do love seeing grandma & grandad raving!

However, there was but one track I neglected to play from the list & at 11.50pm up came the groom to ask for it, royally throwing a spanner in my finale plan. WHIP NAE NAE

Damn near cleared the floor it did, and it was only on the 'it'd be nice if you could play' list - and at the bottom of it. I thought "nah.. it's a kids song". Hmmm.

Anyway, we recovered from that blip & had a fake ending on (requested by a guest) NYNY. Swiftly followed by Everybody Needs Somebody To Love.

So.. just 3 gigs left for me this month. Sigh. 60 for a wedding tomorrow, then I'm going OFF SITE, to somewhere Sunderlandish on Saturday (residency have a band with MP3 player coming in) for... you guessed it.. a wedding. Then a rest on Sunday and another little wedding on bank holiday Monday. And then I'm emailing a very fat invoice to somebody for services impeccably rendered.