Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 436 of 564 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 5636

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    What a coincidence Wayne! I also did a 40th last night for my sister inlaw. And it ended up being a freebie. She was happy to pay but my dad inlaw - wasn't. Family shouldn't charge family apparently. Hmm. A small price to pay for family harmony I suppose but jees..
    Yes, I've also encountered that on several occasions, it wouldn't be so bad if it worked both ways, but in my experience it usually doesn't.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I had a brilliant one tonight.

'twas something I don't do too often....a freebie (I can hear Peter's brain trying to work out that one already ).
    No, sorry Wayne, it's a concept I'm struggling with.

Turned the 8's on, changed the crossover settings (once I realised why they were a little on the tinny side) and my jaw hit the floor.

OK - the light screens decided (as they do) to blow a couple of bulbs....and trip the ring main with them....hey ho.
    Those Yamahas coping easily does not surprise me, not in the slightest.
    The tripping? Ah, well in the old days of wire fuses, that wouldn't have happened. Now with all the RCD and other safety devices, a bulb blowing can ofet plunge a whole house into darkness!

....apart from some of the dubious music choices (yes....I played the Hokey Cokey, Agadoo, the Birdie Song.....arrrggghhhh!!!!!!!). But, everyone there enjoyed and that's what I set out to do.
    I played the Birdie Song, Music Man, and Superman ( complete with actions from the DJ on the last two ). Then again, my target audience was mainly seven or under.

What a coincidence Wayne! I also did a 40th last night for my sister inlaw. And it ended up being a freebie. She was happy to pay but my dad inlaw - wasn't. Family shouldn't charge family apparently.
    No, I'm still struggling with it.
    Seriously, there has to be a reciprocal arrangement somewhere, or it's bad news.

That done, I went to the 1990s & got rolling out some dance classics. A request for Children Of The Night was batted away without argument (I just said NO WAY, NO HOW - the birthday girl had poo-pooed The motiv8 discoid remix of Disco2000 for the reason it was 'too ravey' so I doubt she'd have gone for Nakatomi).
    Shame. I love Nakatomi. Usually popular round here.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVESOUNDS SERVICES View Post
    IT was a pleasure to see you again Peter,
    i did check by the way it was around 35000
    items ive tested...and not blown up!
    Myself and Matty made a detour on the way back to check out Mattys next Saturday Church Hall in Leeds . ...See you soon Dave
    Once again, thanks, sorry, and
    Last edited by Excalibur; 05-02-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added mising text.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Last night I was back in Hampshire at a venue I do regularly. It was a wedding that was booked last year and I was providing the Disco and Uplighting.
    Travelled down on Friday to set up. Decided to use a new look set up (lighting mainly), and was quite happy with it.
    1 x T Bar with Kam RGB192 panels on it which gave more than enough colour changing. Also a 2nd T-Bar with 2 x Dynamos and 2 x Pocket Barrels and that looked good too. No overhead bar this time and just the uprights with the X Moves on the small platforms I made. The venue doesn't allow smoke machines but I can imagine the lighting looking pretty cool with it.

Lovely couple, mid-20's. Groom is in the army and was dressed in full uniform and lots of his mates were dressed in uniform too.
    Everybody was up for it from the first song until the last and it was a great night. They'd provided me with a huge list of songs that were mainly 80's, 90's, Dance, Indie and Cheese.

1.00am finish which meant that by the time I had packed everything up, it was approaching 2.00am. Got home just after 5.00am this morning, hence the short review as I am knackered.

I may elaborate a little more once I've had some kip..........then again, I might not.
    It was a bloody good party and well worth the trip back.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    No, I'm still struggling with it.
    Seriously, there has to be a reciprocal arrangement somewhere, or it's bad news.
    I was promised loads of social media tagging & likes etc - and where are they? One blinking comment nobody else can see because her profile privacy levels are sky high. Honestly!
    Shame. I love Nakatomi. Usually popular round here.
    A while ago I thought CoTN was the worst popular record ever made, but sadly I found this really isn't the case. I'll never go out of my way to play it if I can avoid it. It's the problem of where it's gonna lead & how to get back to music of gentile people....

I was promised loads of social media tagging & likes etc - and where are they? One blinking comment nobody else can see because her profile privacy levels are sky high. Honestly!
    As a general rule, freebies and favours are best done for those who can ( and will ) repay the favour with one of equal magnitude. Round here, it's a way of life.

Father in law isn't perhaps a painter and decorator? Mechanic?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

As a general rule, freebies and favours are best done for those who can ( and will ) repay the favour with one of equal magnitude. Round here, it's a way of life.

Father in law isn't perhaps a painter and decorator? Mechanic?
    Well there's the rub. The willing part. Lesson learned, not that it came as a big surprise.

I did do my eldest stepdaughter's wedding as a freebie. The Yorkshire "thriftiness" must be rubbing off on me, as I'm buggered if I was going to pay out for anyone!!

You see, that's where mine wasn't too bad.

Young (cough....she's 40 today) Jo does a heck of a lot for my Scout Troop on a voluntary basis....in fact I'd be stuck without her at times. Favour more than repaid on mine methinks

Anyway freebienesses aside, I took the liberty of capturing the audio from VDJ (minus mic - my very big mistake there - I'd never even tested it before really). I don't normally do this kind of thing (record stuff - or mix quite so much or for so long) but since the idea was to have pretty much a continuous mix ...

Part 1 is here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/justin-horn...ording-part-1/

And part 2 here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/justin-horn...ording-part-2/

Some of the transitions are a little bit off but I think it generally worked pretty well. Just after part 1 was the 'roast', but there's no point including that without the mic channel also being recorded. And yes, I know I take liberties with some of the tempo changes but they didn't stop anybody dancing

I really like that echoey fade out transition effect. Can't do that with Mixxx.