Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEO - Search engine optimization

I tried google adwords over a year ago just to see what difference if made after launching a web site and it brough a few people in to the site, however I wasn't impressed. It was costing me about £30 worth of clicks to get an enquiry. The advert has to be right, the choice of keywords has to be right, and there is NO WAY that google can stop your competitors from clicking your link. They can stop people from clicking the same link more than once, but they couldn't stop someone, or a group of somones, clicking it once.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Mind you its only a hit so unless your site looks interesting enough the punters move on.
    That is so so true. You could have millions of hits but if your web site does not grab attention and state the right message right away, it may as well be selling soggy meat n potato pies!
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

Quote Originally Posted by KaraokeDJ View Post
    Hi Rob. Sorry to raise an old thread from the dead but I am pulling my hair out trying to work out how some DJs get calls every day when some struglle to get any.

I am lucky if I get a call per week at the moment. I'm on numerous directories, mostly paid adverts, list reasonably well on google for mobile discos in my area, but still have had an extremely poor last few months.

I can honestly say I have not had a serious enquiry for about 3 or 4 weeks and other than bookings for previous customers, have not sent out a booking form for nearly a couple of months.

I'l lost for what to try next.
    Hi Karaoke DJ,

I don't mind you raising an old thread, but I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest.

I still advertise on about 35 listings sites as explained earlier in the thread, and I still rarely go for more than a few days without an enquiry.

Maybe it's something to do with my website, as that always gets very positive comments from people when I talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Maybe it's something to do with my website, as that always gets very positive comments from people when I talk to them.
    Rob, I think you may be right - your web site is so quick, so uncluttered, so straight to the point. I'm starting to question mine.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

Quote Originally Posted by KaraokeDJ View Post
    Rob...your web site is so quick
    That'll be the server it's on

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    That'll be the server it's on
    That may be so, Marc. But the content is quick loading by being simple and not waiting for a clutter of images etc.,
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO

ppentertainments

Default Search Keywords

Me again, due to recent poor google results am revamping my website this weekend (in between 2 gigs, 2 kids parties and a wedding fayre).

What I am wanting to know is - what are your strong keywords for people searching, and finding, your site.

I realise this is maybe giving away a bit too much info so will respect people who do not wish to disclose this information

Thought it more appropriate to tie in with this thread as opposed to start a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    What I am wanting to know is - what are your strong keywords for people searching, and finding, your site.

I realise this is maybe giving away a bit too much info so will respect people who do not wish to disclose this information
    Visit your rivals web site, on the home page 'right click' and 'view source' all will be revealed., it's the same for the other pages too.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire