Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEO - Search engine optimization

ppentertainments

Default SEO - Search engine optimization

I know SEO techniques have been covered previously but I am interested to know what members do in order to publicise their website. Do you use google adwords, listing in directories, are paid directories better than free ones, which sites are best etc etc. The reason for asking is that I am developing my website (loads of glitches at moment !!) and am suprised to read about how many bookings some members get though the web. I have had a couple but to be honest lucky if I get more that 2 or 3 enquiries a month through the internet.

For me personally, I only advertise on the web both in paid directories and free listings, google adwords is something i'm pondering but not taken the plunge yet.

Did have an ad on the "Brides" magazine cd-rom of entertainment but no takers from that at all
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

ppentertainments

Thanks Paul. I have also tried a couple of wedding magazines and hotel wedding brochures. Found them expensive and apart from 1 hotel brochure get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I know SEO techniques have been covered previously but I am interested to know what members do in order to publicise their website. Do you use google adwords, listing in directories, are paid directories better than free ones, which sites are best etc etc. The reason for asking is that I am developing my website (loads of glitches at moment !!) and am suprised to read about how many bookings some members get though the web. I have had a couple but to be honest lucky if I get more that 2 or 3 enquiries a month through the internet.
    Hi ppentertainments,

I advertise my website on a load of online directories, half of which are free & the rest are paid (anything from £2 a year to £115 a year).

You ask if paid listings are better than free ones. In terms of getting hits to my website, yes...much better. After all, if the free listings sites were really successful & they could get away with charging for listings, they would!

I have a few free listings which haven't produced a single hit to my website in nearly a year, let alone a booking. However, they are still worth having...partly because you can't complain about free adverts, and partly because their links to your site all help to improve your Google rating.

As for which sites are best, this seems to vary a lot between different people, and also between different areas of the country. The ones which work the best for me are a standard listing on http://www.discoagency.co.uk and a premium listing on http://www.hitched.co.uk

I'm amazed you only get 2 or 3 enquiries a month through the internet, as I rarely go for more than a couple of days without an online enquiry.

It might be useful to go to the website help forum, post a link to your website & ask for comments, suggestions & ideas for improving it.

I did the same thing last year, and the information received was invaluable.

Hope this helps.

ppentertainments

Cheers Rob - I realise how many bookings you get online so your advise is appreciated. As soon as I have my website finished will ask for comments.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Hi ppentertainments,

As for which sites are best, this seems to vary a lot between different people, and also between different areas of the country. The ones which work the best for me are a standard listing on http://www.discoagency.co.uk and a premium listing on http://www.hitched.co.uk

I had a listing with Hitched and didn't get a thing from it

After having alook at Disco agency thought id punt £25 on it see what happens.....
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I'm amazed you only get 2 or 3 enquiries a month through the internet, as I rarely go for more than a couple of days without an online enquiry.
    Hi Rob. Sorry to raise an old thread from the dead but I am pulling my hair out trying to work out how some DJs get calls every day when some struglle to get any.

I am lucky if I get a call per week at the moment. I'm on numerous directories, mostly paid adverts, list reasonably well on google for mobile discos in my area, but still have had an extremely poor last few months.

I can honestly say I have not had a serious enquiry for about 3 or 4 weeks and other than bookings for previous customers, have not sent out a booking form for nearly a couple of months.

I'l lost for what to try next.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

Referrals from previous satisfied customers are the best and most productive source of work in my opinion.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

Couldn't agree more Theo. But you can't depend on repeats and referrals alone to keep the diray full.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Google ads look interesting and I understand you have to make an offer for the cost per hit, if you bid highest you get to the top, if not you are pushed down the order by people who are willing to pay more.

I have noticed some of my competitors do this, varying the times of day that they are showing--I understand you can do this with a monetary limit for each day.

Mind you its only a hit so unless your site looks interesting enough the punters move on.

I have read that unscrupulous operators keep on hitting their competititors Google Ads to use up their daily allowance and remove the competitiion
    although I believe Google were trying to stop this

It would be interesting to hear from someone who has actually used Google ads?

I have just answered my own question--if I Google Mobile Disco Northampton

A1 Discos ( Tony ) are showing at the top of sponsored links

Over to you Tony

CRAZY K