Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 9th March Speaker Meet Update

Void Acoustics Fan Harrison's Discos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spin mobile disco View Post
    Would have gone but unfortunatly had a 10 hour long gig on saterday .Woke up far side of about 5pm and realised i'd missed it.
    You carn't be blambed for not turning up to it, you must of been completely worn out by the time it finished.
    Harrison's Discos Comming Soon!
    Soon to be a proud owner of a
    Void Acoustics Basys System.

Lol don't use mastermix just each song by itsself. Very long day. 14 hours from time i left house till I got back.
    Wife told me I just got into bed and then snored about 3 seconds later. Wasnt a bad day and equipment held up nicely. But did drag on a bit.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

just an update fellas, to be honest, the date was finallized a little late, but the turn out was very low. those that did come thourghly enjoyed it, including the meal and drink afterwards.

below is my brief thoughts on the stuff demoed.

funktion one was awesome - really sucked the air outta you, very impressive, and we also had a little lione array combo from space/ram, with such a wide dispersion you only need one stack in room. i know both of these are not suitable per say for mobile work but it was very good to hear.

well................................i thought the only dud/crap system there on the day, was the gig rig. everything else was good at what it was.

we had big passive - hk premium pro's - mine -what can i say, i thought they were very nice - but then again i would say that.

big active - andy's jbl's - got to be honest andy i think the eqing was a bit iffy on that, would like to hear flat. i think everyone enjoyed the trouser flap ellliment, but the tops wern't quite right. would benifit from another listen.

small passive - power works 15"sub +12"top. £500 for 4 cabs, excellent value for money. light not too big, nice clear tops.

another small passive with a diffrence - mcgreggor - twin 10"sub and 8"top. loverly i thought t is was really surprising. really clear, 1700w rms, the base doesn't go as low as bigger boxes but it's very tight, and chesty thumping kind of stuff. very narrow foot print, so easilly concealed, 2 of these are about the same size of 1 normal 15"sub maybe less.

small active - pete's db opera live? - i thought these were great, VERY light and compact, nice base clear tops, pete has a got a loverly little system there. was very impressed.

medium active- sandy's lems, was ok to start with but again with the benifit of abled bodied ears during the mix and match, we had that system sining, loverly.

3cab active -matrix b52 -same as last time barry, everyone going wow, very nice system , not the smallest 15"sub box out there, but then again compared to the smaller gig rig 15" sub, i'd take the bigger any day of the week.

2 cab active - mackies, sounded nice, nicer than i've heard before, only twice mind you, but really came alive when we mixed and matched with techs rcf sub, fudging awesome.

mixed - techs rcf active sub and passive bose 802*4. was loverly, that sub is awesome, and the clarity of the tops was crystal!!. my favorite sounding system on the day

my top 3 were
    rcf/802's
    hk
    db

but as mentioned all of them were very sutable if you were going that way. eg, big/small/3/4 active/passive etc. the only dud as i said was the gig rig, after last time with the powered w/audio 15" which we all thouhgt were amazing for the money, i had big hopes for this, but quiet it was o.k., but when we turned it up it was pants, really pants. i wouldn't recomend .

2- things,
    1- being able to hear the mackies and rcf ,
    and
    2- the help sandy got setting up her system correctly, (bearing in mind she has only had it 2wks)
    are all down the dj's helping dj's and events like this are priceless for some people. help support, it the way forward.