Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon DN-HD2500

Default Denon DN-HD2500

I know there are quite a few dj's on here who use one and my quesion is for you.

Have you had any problems with this at all. It can be anything from a small silly thing to quite a major thing.

The reason i ask i that i have been seriously looking in to one of these. I need to know that this piece of hardwear is soild and is trust worthy. If thre are no problems i will be buying one at the end of the month.

I have downloaded all the video clips frm the denon website and im quite amazed what this thing can do. Very impressed so far.

I have found a deal where i can get the controller and the matching dual cd drive to go with it for £923 which i think is quite good.

What are views on this product???

The only issues I've had with mine were caused by the external HDD. A defrag & it was sorted.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I must admit that I have been looking into this too. Didn't think I would this early but I am kinda running out of patience looking for particular tracks. What I may do is get the unit and use the HD on it and use my CD players too.

All I have seen is people going straight to this after what I should imagine is a painstaking task of transferring and tagging, and not using CD players at all. Maybe they take them in the van as back up?

What I want to know is....(and this will probably be a stupid question as I guess I know the answer already)...If I have a 4 input mixer...surely I could use the Denon HD on inputs 2 & 3 and CD players on 1 & 4? That would save me spending money to get the CD drawers for the Denon....wouldn't it?

There were issues when it was very first released, but they were sorted out with a firmware update.

I'm just about to put a 120Gb hard drive in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    I must admit that I have been looking into this too. Didn't think I would this early but I am kinda running out of patience looking for particular tracks. What I may do is get the unit and use the HD on it and use my CD players too.

All I have seen is people going straight to this after what I should imagine is a painstaking task of transferring and tagging, and not using CD players at all. Maybe they take them in the van as back up?

What I want to know is....(and this will probably be a stupid question as I guess I know the answer already)...If I have a 4 input mixer...surely I could use the Denon HD on inputs 2 & 3 and CD players on 1 & 4? That would save me spending money to get the CD drawers for the Denon....wouldn't it?

What players do you have?

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Yep, and that also means you can be playing from all 4 at once, since the HD2500 needs a reset to switch from Cd->HD and vice versa....
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

A few but the ones I would use with it would be the Pioneer CDJ's.
    I don't think the unit would stay in my flightcase as they are the CDJ500MKII Ltd Editions (the big ones), so it would be a case of getting a new flightcase (coffin at the moment) or just take it in the box and unpack it everytime.

Danno has answered what I was going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    Yep, and that also means you can be playing from all 4 at once, since the HD2500 needs a reset to switch from Cd->HD and vice versa....
    You serious .

So you cant mix cd's and mp3's??? I was under the impresion that if i got both then i could mix a clients cd they bought in to a mp3 on the hard drive.

So really its a waste of money buying the dual cd draws then???

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Yeah, I'm fairly certain thats how they work, which is a bit of pain, as it would be great to have 4 sources avaliable instantley.. the ultimate backup.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113