Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Keywords

Default Keywords

How do i change the keywords for my website? The ones that the search engines pick up on when searches are made

In the source code (near the top) there might be a few lines of code like this: -

<meta name="description" content="Dreamstar Entertainment...blah blah blah">

<meta name="keywords" content="Dreamstar Entertainment, keyword, keyword, key phrase, etc">

The description is what's shown on the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages), and the keywords are what some search engines look at (as well as other factors).

If you want to improve your search rankings then you should primarily be concerned with the page copy (i.e. visible text content) as meta keywords aren't as important as they used to be (some say that Google doesn't even read them anymore). Also relevant reciproval linking, etc. etc.... (there are a few threads here on the subject).

Great thanks

Always remember not to stuff the meta keywords tag with loads of different keywords, best to choose a few select ones.

No google dont read META anymore is all based on visable text and how long your site has been up and running. Its to stop people having loads of random words in there META which have nothing to do with there site

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

They do read the META description tag though and other search engines still read the keywords, so for the sake of 2mins filling then in, you might as well! Title and URL (i.e. call your pages weddings.html, disco.html etc. rather than page1, page2) has the most bearing though, I've found
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113