Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Def not a karaoke singer......

Likes a bit of accapello DJmissbehaving's Avatar

Default Def not a karaoke singer......

After spending most of the day on my friends karaoke i have realised that i should definately stick to my day job. Recorded it on my phone and i can probably admit to ruining at least seven songs.....maybe even more than that..
    Apologies if anyone was in range and heard me

Hi Pammie

Carrying on the fine tradition of Michelle & Leon ?

Far from it.....i would go as far to say i am one of the x factor rejects. Saying that, alot of them became famous because of that...hahaha

i have a similar problem, but wanted to get into karaoke, so spent hours and hours in my den, running the karaoke through my pc, singing song after song till i found a few songs i could get away with (just about).

so now when i perform i know exactly what songs to sing along too, and dont attempt anything else, and peolpe think im a reasonable singer....lol

there are loads of songs that require very little talant or vocal range, its just a case of finding the suitable ones for you.
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.

ppentertainments

A lot about karaoke is your performance and how confident you look. Lets face it there aren't that many really good karaoke singers but there are some bad singers which give a good performance and gets everyone going. I find some rock songs are the easiest but know most people like 60's.
    p.s. I think I will come near the top, if not top, of poor singers but hey - i enjoy it and the crowd always know that.

Quote Originally Posted by DJmissbehaving View Post
    Far from it.....i would go as far to say i am one of the x factor rejects. Saying that, alot of them became famous because of that...hahaha
    Well Michelle & Leon both made a lot of noise & then just dissapeared, so I reckon you're in their league at the very least

Seriously if you're gonna go down the Karaoke route, you will often be required to do a couple of numbers to a)show the equipment works and b)keep the gig going.

pp has good advice, avoid the really challenging stuff (Abba, Bon Jovi etc.)and just become confident with a few of the easier songs.

Does a karaoke DJ always have to sing a song during a gig?? If you were a really rubbish singer and there was no requests coming in would you sing??
    I love having a laugh but the thought of people laughing at me is a different story i think.....x

I do karaoke now and again and i dont sing to be honest with you,
    For one i can't sing and then for two i am the one providing the karaoke for the punters to sing on.

But if no one wants to sing then its back to the music and some friendly encouragement on the mic to try and get some people to get up and sing.

This is a classic question - does a the KJ have to sing? I'd say no, but then a lot of karaoke purists (spot the irony ) will say yes.

If you're filling in with disco, I don't see why you'd have to sing, but then you may have to at least once just to let people see the karaoke running.

Rolf Harris - The Court Of King Caractacus now you don't need to be a good singer for that one just quick gobbed

http://www.youtube.com/v/U-Lw1bDdwgs&hl=en
    Last edited by One Vision; 15-03-2008 at 08:54 PM.