Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Def not a karaoke singer......

Likes a bit of accapello DJmissbehaving's Avatar

Well i work in a pub and restaurant part-time and i love the atmosphere and having a laugh when i am working.....obviously doing my job aswell.....but i have to admit that the people in kilmarnock are very boring and afraid to show their true colours by letting go a bit. No one knows how to enjoy there self up here.....I dont travel into the town anymore and i actually stay across the road from it but its so bad i wouldnt waste my money even considering it.....

I actually find Karaoke hosts who can sing very well are a put off, especially to the audience, it's the 'I ain't following that' attitude until the 15 pints of lager kicks in. I was put off doing karaoke many moons ago until I found out not being able to sing gives confindence in those wanting to take part or building up the courage. People generally think 'well if he is crap, i'm going to give it a go'

Besides, I can't see the missus putting up with me practising songs at home, it'll be worse than losing the dish washer if she walks out on me

www.dimensionmusic.tv Music Video Disco & Karaoke

Talking

Hi to all.
    I'v really enjoyed this topic.I could go on for hours and hours on this one,LOL all a very valid points.

Back ground. Just started as KJ.
    Assistant KJ for 5 Years
    Karaoke Singer 8 Years ish
    So i do have varied experieces i have been to many karaoke gigs Germany,Gibraltar,fuerteventura,Englad,Wales,Londo n,

anything from 10 people to about 200. I have entered 2 Karaoke competions and been resident Judge(Yes Simon Cowell Watch Out!) At a Karaoke Competion.
    So over one hundred gigs. And sung at most from 1 song to 5 at each gig.

I Hate doing the same song to often so try to vary it as much as possible,
    Singers i Cover, The Who,Red hot chili Pepers,Paul Weller,Led Zep,Charlie Rich,Black Sabeth,John Denver,Beautiful South,The Jam,R.E.M,Slade,Queen,Lou Reed,Dire Staits,Phil Collins.I do anything i get stitched up for.Rock, metal, Punk, Ballads, Dance, I really don't care.The thing is I am not the best singer in the world but I have a go and have fun.Some times i will do a song well next time i do it bad (so what).BTW I am the loony that runs around the venue with wireless mic over chairs and tables air guitaring as i go and never broken a mic yet . Iv dressed as Ziggy stardust, Freddy Mercury, James Hetfield, and many others lol.

So I might or might not sing at a gig I might do well I Might not But I wil try to have fun and be entertaining.LOL

nigelwright7557

Quote Originally Posted by DJmissbehaving View Post
    After spending most of the day on my friends karaoke i have realised that i should definately stick to my day job. Recorded it on my phone and i can probably admit to ruining at least seven songs.....maybe even more than that..
    Apologies if anyone was in range and heard me
    This is one reason I wont do karaoke !
    As a musician I just couldnt cope with listening to poor singing most of the night.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people on "Britains got talent" and at karaoke think they can sing when they definitely cant.
    I think some people just cant really hear themselves.

This is why many pro singers use earphones while singing so they can hear themselves properly.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    This is why many pro singers use earphones while singing so they can hear themselves properly.
    I thought that was for listening to the band or backing track and that they have monitors for that?

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    This is one reason I think some people just cant really hear themselves.
    What they really need are the Re-ACTIVE-ators.