Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: DMX Software

pulsemobiledisco

Default DMX Software

Hi All

I want more control over my lights and am thinking about going proper DMX rather than just Master Slave DMX.

Anybody know of any good software I can use (free - maybe) and is most DMX software compatible with any USB-DMX interface.

The lights I want to control are:

4x Acme Puma
    4x Acme Dynamo
    2x iColour 4

As well as other things I want to use the dynamos to light up a mirror ball and use a slow rotate on the Puma's for first dance etc.

Sam

Try Freestyler,
    Various dongle work with it,
    All the profiles for the lighting you have requested are loaded in there too, Nice and easy to use, and the best thing of all... its FREE software.

Sam

Or DasLight is good.
    Not free but sitll very good :-)

Let us know how you get on with them, If it works well I may have a look too
    If you can't convince them, confuse them

pulsemobiledisco

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    Try Freestyler,
    Various dongle work with it,
    All the profiles for the lighting you have requested are loaded in there too, Nice and easy to use, and the best thing of all... its FREE software.
    Thanks. I've downloaded and trying to work it out. Not much in the way of support with it, but will keep trying. Can't find profiles for my Puma's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Or DasLight is good.
    Not free but sitll very good :-)
    Too expensive for what I will be using it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Veal View Post
    Let us know how you get on with them, If it works well I may have a look too
    Will do

I've think I played with a nother freebie last year that let you visulise the lights and seemed easier to use than freestyler, but can't remember what it was called. Any othr suggestions guys.

Chers

Sam

Sam

there are lots out there. You can just do a google search and they all come up :-)

As for the profile thing in freestyler - you can just create new ones for your units:
    for example if you had the colour channel and you wanted to input the details you look in the manual to find the values.. then you would put something into the setup like.
    Channel 4:
    white 0 - 20, red 21 - 40, green 41 - 60
    then when you set the controller so it is in between say 21 & 40 on that channel it will know the unit is on red - if you have set it up with the correct values from the units manuals.

make any sense or have I just made it even more confusing.