Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtual DJ

Arrow Virtual DJ

Hi,

Dose anyone know if it is possible to set up a Numark CM200usb mixer as a control on Virtual DJ?

Thanks
    Discoz Mobile Disco & Karaoke
    North East
    www.discozmobile.co.uk

Just checked my version of Numark Cue/Virtual DJ and it doesn't have the control option for that Numark CM200USB as a control but you can use it as a sound card i think.

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    Just checked my version of Numark Cue/Virtual DJ and it doesn't have the control option for that Numark CM200USB as a control but you can use it as a sound card i think.
    Not that I know much about this, but wouldn't it need two soundcards in it? Justin's mixer has two, he might be more knowledgeable than I.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

You can use it for the sound output, and yes it has two soundcards in, so assign a deck to each channel on the mixer and away you go!

If you want proper hands-on control of the players you'll need to look at either the DMC-2, DAC-3 or Denon HC4500, or any MIDI controller actually, but those three are probably the most suited.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    You can use it for the sound output, and yes it has two soundcards in, so assign a deck to each channel on the mixer and away you go!

If you want proper hands-on control of the players you'll need to look at either the DMC-2, DAC-3 or Denon HC4500, or any MIDI controller actually, but those three are probably the most suited.
    Clever mixers to be fair, might invest in one of the 19" Rackmout ones for my quiz night system that im working on as i have a few quiz nights on now.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Well i wouldn't recomend them.. the USB ports were too loose and the sound cards eventually gave up on mine, then one of the VU meters died, but then they are cheap.. and it did last 18 months (although only just over 12 with the soundcards working..)
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

I'm thinking of going for the Berhinger BCD3000 so that I can have full control over the Virtual DJ functions. I'll hardly use the mouse then and it'll also give me a back-up capability with my current Numark DM950USB.

Does anyone use the Berhinger's and how good are they. Looking at the specs they look quite impressive.

Thanks. Think i might get a Denon HC4500 had a look and seem to be good.
    Discoz Mobile Disco & Karaoke
    North East
    www.discozmobile.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JayDeeDrinker View Post
    I'm thinking of going for the Berhinger BCD3000 so that I can have full control over the Virtual DJ functions. I'll hardly use the mouse then and it'll also give me a back-up capability with my current Numark DM950USB.

Does anyone use the Berhinger's and how good are they. Looking at the specs they look quite impressive.
    If you can stretch to it, the Denon or a DAC-3 would be a better bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    If you can stretch to it, the Denon or a DAC-3 would be a better bet.
    That's exactly why I aren't even considering them, I can't stretch to that. Or more to the point I can make £150 disappear easier, so my wife doesn't find out