Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Where have me (i)Tunes gone?

Default Where have me (i)Tunes gone?

Went to load up my iTunes library today......and it asked me to install the latest version, which i did. Went to look in my library...they have all gone....

Put the back up disk in and retrieved to ones i bought but it won't load my own tracks on the PC and when i go into the store it's in dollars...... ...got it back onto pounds....went to file and tried to get it to load all the tracks on the PC...would it....nope...

Can anyone tell me what's gone on and what i need to do to put it right??

Thanks.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Went to load up my iTunes library today......and it asked me to install the latest version, which i did. Went to look in my library...they have all gone....

Put the back up disk in and retrieved to ones i bought but it won't load my own tracks on the PC and when i go into the store it's in dollars...... ...got it back onto pounds....went to file and tried to get it to load all the tracks on the PC...would it....nope...

Can anyone tell me what's gone on and what i need to do to put it right??

Thanks.

The tracks would still be in the folder where itunes stores them would they not?
    usually My Music / Itunes or wherver you set the location to..

otherwise it is a case of re-copying all the music....

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The tracks would still be in the folder where itunes stores them would they not?
    usually My Music / Itunes or wherver you set the location to..

otherwise it is a case of re-copying all the music....
    Thanks Sam.
    I can see the music in "windows media"...and i know where they are now.....found them after the other day..... ...i've tried loading them across but they won't register.....really strange!

There are another 3 user's on here....one being a naughty 9 yr old.....
    Could he have loaded them on his user??

EDIT - No...i've tried all them...
    Last edited by Penfold42; 16-04-2008 at 08:18 PM.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

itunes update can "move" the default location, so it could just be adjusting this in the options menu

I've checked - the only button is consolidating all music to iTunes.....which i figure that does it...but underneath it says "This cannot be undone"....don't mean to sound thick but does that take all the music off the PC completly?? as i don't want that

Thanks.

Sam

I've checked - the only button is consolidating all music to iTunes.....which i figure that does it...but underneath it says "This cannot be undone"....don't mean to sound thick but does that take all the music off the PC completly?? as i don't want that

Thanks.

Hmm.
    If I knew where the music was.. this is what i would do to add it into itunes.
    * FILE
    *IMPORT
    * SELECT FOLDER / MULTIPLE TRACKS
    *OPEN

Does that work?

OR
    *File
    *ADD FOLDER TO LIBARY
    * SELECT FOLDER
    * OPEN

Any work for you? I guess that is what you've been doing...
    Also have you remember to Authorize the itunes software??? You need to click "authorize computer" in the STORE menu.

Thanks Sam.

No - still not in there......
    When i first set it up iTunes grabbed all the music and set the libary up....it does not want to play ball tonight........

I can do it one at a time......... ...i'm not moving 90gb across one at a time......

Not tonight anyway.....

hey, those shiny little silver discs are just soooooooooo much simpler, they never disappear, rename themselves, hide, default, upload, download, pkzip or even www

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    hey, those shiny little silver discs are just soooooooooo much simpler, they never disappear, rename themselves, hide, default, upload, download, pkzip or even www
    Thanks Tony......

Thanks Sam.

No - still not in there......
    When i first set it up iTunes grabbed all the music and set the libary up....it does not want to play ball tonight........

I can do it one at a time......... ...i'm not moving 90gb across one at a time......

Not tonight anyway.....
    Not much consolation but when one of my sons lived at home he used a laptop and downloaded some illegal music from Kazaa uknown to me---one day he went on line and it automatically removed most of the tunes or made them unplayable because it said they were now illegal--talk about ironic

If you are on line these odd things can happen---

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    If you have 20,000 they weigh ten tons--well a lot anyway

CRAZY K
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 17-04-2008 at 07:38 AM.