Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Availability checkers

Default Availability checkers

Morning All,

Am toying with the idea of putting an availability checker onto the site. I know of two,DJ intelligence and Google calenders.

The questions are:

1. How many of us use them?

2. Do you find them a useful tool?

And finally (in a Trevor McDonald style )

3. Are they simple to maintain?

Thanks in advance for your comments
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I have a simple 'Availability' page on my website, on which I post up dates that I am NOT available; agencies etc who are looking for a DJ know to look on that page to check to see if I am free on the date they are looking at - saves them having to call me up and then me to call them back later.

So 2. = Yes.

I am Google Calendar user and I did take the time to look at Marc's script, and I can see how either solution would fit depending on your needs.

The reasons I stick with Google Calendar:

1. There's only one of me so no multi-op to consider
    2. I can get to it anywhere anytime with just a browser (even on my mobile)
    3. I have two "flexible residencies" and give the clients limited read/write access so they can make their own bookings and amendments.

I'd check out both as only you know what will work for you.

To answer Q2 - yes - I'd be really stuck without one, and Q3 - absolutely.

Cheers Marc, I even did a search this time and it didn't show!

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    I am Google Calendar user and I did take the time to look at Marc's script, and I can see how either solution would fit depending on your needs.

To answer Q2 - yes - I'd be really stuck without one, and Q3 - absolutely.

Thanks Vectis,

Looked at both as they have pro's & cons,

I'm prefering the Dj intelligence type one as I think at the moment with me being part time the google may not portray the right image to the client if you know what I mean

Would it be advisible to have this on it's own page and also have a FAQ that links to it?

Standby Marc for PM (if you're inbox wasn't full that is)
    Last edited by Spirits High; 18-04-2008 at 09:12 AM.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    the google may not portray the right image to the client if you know what I mean

Would it be advisible to have this on it's own page and also have a FAQ that links to it?
    http://www.vectisvibe.com/pages/diary.php

I think it looks OK embedded? This is a view-only mode for customers.

i did this for a while but took it off as firstly people when they found i wasn't available just didnt email me so i didn't get the chance to tell them what i could offer (if they like what they read they may keep the email for future reference)

or

they didnt email so i didn't get the chance to tell them about a very professional alternative to my services that i would strongly recommend.

just my take i'm the eternal optimist and saw it as a deterrant to potential future clients getting in touch.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    they didnt email so i didn't get the chance to tell them about a very professional alternative to my services that i would strongly recommend.

Would rather pass work on to someone else i know and trust.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Sorry Vectis, didn't mean in a visual way ment in a way that you may look like you're never working so cant be that good kind of way

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    i did this for a while but took it off as firstly people when they found i wasn't available just didnt email me so i didn't get the chance to tell them what i could offer (if they like what they read they may keep the email for future reference)

or

just my take i'm the eternal optimist and saw it as a deterrant to potential future clients getting in touch.
    Dave, Yea I had those thoughts as well, might give it a trial run to see how things go.

I suppose it could always be done in such a way that if i'm unavailable the page that says this says something along lines of:

"Sorry , we're not available , however we would recommend you call one of the knights of the Midlands table on blah blah blah"

You might wanna fix it so it works in Firefox

http://i26.tinypic.com/15hcqdc.png