Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Availability checkers

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Morning All,
    The questions are:

1. How many of us use them?

2. Do you find them a useful tool?

And finally (in a Trevor McDonald style )

3. Are they simple to maintain?

Thanks in advance for your comments

I use the one that comes with DJ Event Planner (same as DJ Intelligence but better and more customisable). I have the checker on the home page as well as the disco, karaoke and race nights part of my site. i find it quite handy but clients find it even more handy as rather than phone or email to see if we have that date free they can check... So from an admin point of view you only get enquiries through your site that you are able to do.

And the good thing about it being part of DJ Event Planner is clients can check if i am free then send the enquiry with all the details of the event and when i log in i can double check the date, add the event into the diary and send out a quote within a couple of clicks...

If you haven't looked at DJ Event Planner i'd highly recommend it... As you can manage your diary, contacts, forms, requests - pretty much all the admin side of running a disco business...
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    i did this for a while but took it off as firstly people when they found i wasn't available just didnt email me so i didn't get the chance to tell them what i could offer (if they like what they read they may keep the email for future reference)

or

they didnt email so i didn't get the chance to tell them about a very professional alternative to my services that i would strongly recommend.

just my take i'm the eternal optimist and saw it as a deterrant to potential future clients getting in touch.
    You could also refer people on to trusted sources as I think you do and then get reciprocal bookings--perhaps there arent people like that on the IOW

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    I use the one that comes with DJ Event Planner (same as DJ Intelligence but better and more customisable). I have the checker on the home page as well as the disco, karaoke and race nights part of my site. i find it quite handy but clients find it even more handy as rather than phone or email to see if we have that date free they can check... So from an admin point of view you only get enquiries through your site that you are able to do.

And the good thing about it being part of DJ Event Planner is clients can check if i am free then send the enquiry with all the details of the event and when i log in i can double check the date, add the event into the diary and send out a quote within a couple of clicks...

If you haven't looked at DJ Event Planner i'd highly recommend it... As you can manage your diary, contacts, forms, requests - pretty much all the admin side of running a disco business...
    James, just been and had a look at your site and the way it works very nice

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post

You could also refer people on to trusted sources as I think you do and then get reciprocal bookings--perhaps there arent people like that on the IOW

CRAZY K
    Alan, That's in hand as i've spoken to a couple of "trusted sources" and thats the way I think it will go.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    James, just been and had a look at your site and the way it works very nice

Alan, That's in hand as i've spoken to a couple of "trusted sources" and thats the way I think it will go.
    Now I wonder who that might be

They speak very highly of you--

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    They speak very highly of you--
    No we don't....
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    No we don't....
    well we do .... but it doesn't say much when one of us is :

www.smellytrampdiscos.com

I had a guy email me offering to do me a free one of these about 2 weeks ago if you like i'll try and dig out the email?
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    well we do .... but it doesn't say much when one of us is :

www.smellytrampdiscos.com

I had a guy email me offering to do me a free one of these about 2 weeks ago if you like i'll try and dig out the email?

Funny As

Was so glad that was Tonys site
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Marc showed me an availability checker which I really liked, and it was a doddle to update...even for me!

The main reason I decided not to use it was because I use "I'm not available on that date" as an excuse for turning down gigs I don't want to do.

If they could check availability on my website, I wouldn't be able to use that excuse any more!

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Marc showed me an availability checker which I really liked, and it was a doddle to update...even for me!

The main reason I decided not to use it was because I use "I'm not available on that date" as an excuse for turning down gigs I don't want to do.

If they could check availability on my website, I wouldn't be able to use that excuse any more!

That's the one Marc quoted in post 3 It seems good to me.

But then again you've got a point about gigs you dont want.

I don't like the idea at all. What happens if there is a slight timing problem with someone booking and the checker not being updated quick enough?

I'll stick to my own method for the time being.