Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon (main) Cortex (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    You should've also used the search facility

I asked if you could use the same HD on D2 or Cortex as my Denon when I was looking for back up. Glad I asked & glad I've got 2 Denons.
    Oh well. Cortex may appear on DJ Bids soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Stop being so bloody tight
    I can't. It's a Scottish thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Stop being so bloody tight - how much is a 500Gb HDD - £60?
    Yeah but you don't want to be dragging those around. I presume we're talking the WD Essentials etc. at that price point? Hmmm. They're OK for static use in the home but I wouldn't put them on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    Denon (main) Cortex (backup)

Does anyone else use the above configuration.

I bought the cortex the other day to use as backup for my Denon. I presumed that I'd be able to store 2 database files on the HDD (denon database and cortex database), it appears it cant be done though . Once I added the cortex database the HDD is no longer recognised when switched back to the Denon.

Looks like I'm going to have to purchase yet another external HDD specifically for the cortex.

I knew I should've bought another Denon.
    Yes and yes.......
    But i had already bought another 2 HDD's so buying the Cortex went hand in hand.

I do remember seeing Batman make a temp file from one of his HDD on the Cortex when i was over there the other week (one that he uses on one of his laptops) .....not sure if you can make a temp file and them plug back into the Denon after....i've not tryed it....but it sounds like you have......

The added bonus - i have is a laptop with Denon manager so if the HDD from the Denon packs up i still have another HDD to load while my 3rd HDD plays on the laptop........ .....it get's like that.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Yeah but you don't want to be dragging those around. I presume we're talking the WD Essentials etc. at that price point? Hmmm. They're OK for static use in the home but I wouldn't put them on the road.
    There are plenty of drives around that price and I or any of my guys who use them have never had any problems.

Fair do's.

Must be the 25 years in IT that stops me depending on non-ruggedised kit for mobile use

Have you used HDDs on the road for 25 years then?

No - I've used HDDs for 25 years starting with the old Winchesters but on the road probably only for about 12/13 years. Supercalc spreadsheet with list of tracks on it

Actually, before that about 17/18 years ago I used a ZX Spectrum with a Microdrive to play sound reactive visuals through a big old TV set. Does that count?

Surely it how you treat your gear at the end of the night......throw it around and your asking for trouble.......pack it away in the right storage and it should see you out......
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Take a poll. See how many people use standard drives on the road and have had problems and how many people use ruggedised (is that a real word!?) drives.