Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safe or Stupid idea

Tom, it's not a stupid idea. I myself am considering making something not dissimilar, because my tops are so big that I darent pole them from my
    ( small) subs. I have been thinking of making some form of folding stand to elevate them safely. I reckon you need something similar, only smaller.
    Tony( A1) You're correct of course, but if he's using a twin 15" cab I think he might have enough bass, even though he could have more with them on the floor.
    Theo, how right you are was brought home to me when I forgot my speaker stands, and placed my cabs on the floor. Even though they were only my normal top cabs, the increased bass response was amazing.

Also just to add I was only using the 2x 15" speakers as a refference to size of cabs. . I have yet to decide what one's to go for but I am intrested in the Mackie Range but thats on the table with all the other brands.

This is what I have been looking at.

There are these that are around £1000 for 1000 watts rms total (a pair) - Link

and

then there are these for around £1500 for 2.6k rms total (a pair) - Link

I was thinking about going for the larger, more powerful speakers as I don't think I would need subs at all, well unless I'm doing a disco in a large hall which i do somtimes and I do struggle with only 1.6k.

I know the SA1530z are a beast at 50kg each but thats 1300 watts rms which I think is rather good.

Think about it. The DB sub 15 is 800 watts rms at 32kg and my tops are 400 watts rms at 26kg each. So if I took these three speakers our for a gig the total would be 1.6k at 84kg total weight.

The mackie would be 2.6k but at 100kg.

Hmmmm...