Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IEC Distibution Box

Default IEC Distibution Box

Hi Folks

Im looking to replace my 6 way extension lead that currently sits on top of my over head bar, what do you all use to power your lights? I was looking at the IEC distribution boxes but would need a least 8 inputs.

Frankie

It depends which bar and rig I use, but maybe of use to you?

That is a nice bit of kit but as my lights are on the over head gantry I think it would look out of place hanging down. Thank anyway for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Frankie View Post
    That is a nice bit of kit but as my lights are on the over head gantry I think it would look out of place hanging down. Thank anyway for the link.
    Could you not fix in so that it goes on the corner where the uprights meet the bar? If you had a double bar, it wouldn't be seen either.

What are you using currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Could you not fix in so that it goes on the corner where the uprights meet the bar? If you had a double bar, it wouldn't be seen either.

What are you using currently?
    Mmm maybe. I currently use one of these bad boys.

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=1828

Sam

You probs want something like this:

http://www.betterdeals.co.uk/shoppin...iec%20splitter

I would suggest getting two 4-way IEC splitters (the long/thin ones) that can be seen on this page.

That was only a quick net search so I am sure with a bit of looking you will find something.

Frankie, I've got a few IEC in to 4x IEC out boxes here. you can have a couple when you come down at the end of next month. What I used to do was run an IEC lead up each verical pole into the box and then just short IEC-IEC leads from the box to each light fixture. As I said, you can have a couple when you come down.

I've been using giraffe deckstands for about 3 or 4 years and have always had this problem. Especially when I swap lighting effects around for different types of functions, some needing permanent power and others needing switched (eg lasers)

Got so fed up with cable everywhere and making special looms that I've switched allegiances to Ultimax and bought a powerlite bar. First time out will be this weekend so I'll be on here raving afterwards (I hope!!).

Basically spent last weekend fitting loads of IECs, XLRs and jack sockets to the bar, all fed from a single Bulgin socket so only one power lead to run down the upright plus a couple of data leads. Tidy!

All the lighting will be fed by 50cm IEC-IEC or XLR-XLR or Jack-Jack cables so will hopefully look really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrant Sounds View Post
    Frankie, I've got a few IEC in to 4x IEC out boxes here. you can have a couple when you come down at the end of next month. What I used to do was run an IEC lead up each verical pole into the box and then just short IEC-IEC leads from the box to each light fixture. As I said, you can have a couple when you come down.
    That would be great Eddie, im happy to give you something for them.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Got so fed up with cable everywhere and making special looms that I've switched allegiances to Ultimax and bought a powerlite bar. First time out will be this weekend so I'll be on here raving afterwards (I hope!!).
    Thats what I use (see thread here) although I have adapted mine by fitting switches to bypass the DMX sockets I am not using.

If you have bought yours recently you were lucky to find one as Ultimate have stopped producing them. I have 8 IECs and 8 DMX in/outs (plus switches) on each half of the truss.