Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVD music for discos

Quote Originally Posted by Impactdisco View Post
    Actually Solitaire is correct.
    Nothing unusual there then....

Last edited by Shaun; 30-04-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: :p

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Veal View Post
    Dvd's of the shelf are not licenced for public preformance where as promo only etc are.

Wouldn't suggest playing dvd straight from laptop is a good idea. if your just starting out with the idea i would suggest just a couple of run of the mill dvd players from your local supermarket.

If you find a market to support the idea then i would thin about more permanent equipment & possible computer use.
    Sorry Richard I disagree here. I used to run dvd's from a laptop (ripped onto the harddrive at the same size/quality as the origional!) and never had any issues with it... I now use a OODJ as my main playout source and that handles the videos fine too...

The advantage of using a laptop/desktop over standard dvd players is that you can adjust the speed/tempo and mix them where as standard players you cant!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Veal View Post
    Yes he did
    If you are going to use a laptop, in my experience they really struggle to produce full screen at that resolution, As others have said you will ( again in my opinion) need to rip the dvd into a smaller more managable file. This will stop any stuttering in playback and potential pauses when searching for other tracks. But like i say i really would start simple and test the market first.

If i told you that in 1991 when i jumped to video i started out with a phillips cdi player (anyone remember them - still got mine) and 2 x 25" tvs you'll understand what i mean
    I'd agree with the test the water and start small... just not over what you say about the quality and struggling to produce full screen!!!

And it will be interesting to see how much more expensive the licence will be by the time you add video and karaoke format shift into the big pie!!!
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

Quote Originally Posted by Impactdisco View Post
    Actually Solitaire is correct. That was what I meant. However, I may have not explained myself properly so it could have been taken both ways.
    Then I appologise Mr Solitare

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    Sorry Richard I disagree here. I used to run dvd's from a laptop (ripped onto the harddrive at the same size/quality as the origional!) and never had any issues with it... I now use a OODJ as my main playout source and that handles the videos fine too...

Your experience has obviously differed to mine, I found laptop gave the problems i stated. However i am no expert on these machines and accept that a more powerfull machine correctly set up will be as you say "FINE"

But i wont be going that way personally, you know how it is when you have been let down too many times - you vow never to return.
    If you can't convince them, confuse them