Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: The new digital DJ licence

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Promised myself I would not ask questions about the license but one thing bugging me. If the licence enables us to rip and store once will we be allowed a backup. ie if all mp3's are stored on a hard drive can we take a backup hard drive in case of failure or at least be able to have a backup somewhere. I know the answer may not be available but as I say it is bugging me.
    When you think about it, they have to. In fact, I can't see how they could say no.
    If it didn't allow backup, the license would be totally worthless, as no-one in the right mind would take their precious only copy of a huge database they spent months creating, on the road. Would they???

Taking backups is best working practice - in fact more than one backup.

Even if you could get insurance against loss of your database, they would not want to pay out for time to recreate it if you didn't have at least one backup.
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

Smile Licence here in 3 weeks

You all probably know this but they just told me at MCPS that the licence would be out at the end of the month.

They told me how much it would be too and because I was the 1000th lucky telephone caller I could have it at a special price of £10,000 but only if I pay today by paypal.

BTW only the first sentence of this message is true still hoping that I can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by asymptote View Post
    You all probably know this but they just told me at MCPS that the licence would be out at the end of the month.
    July is what they told us. (LWP)

I better start applying for a mortgage to pay for it then as nothing yet has been clarified as to costs limits etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Have a disco View Post
    I better start applying for a mortgage to pay for it then as nothing yet has been clarified as to costs limits etc etc
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries