Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there much difference?

I understand what you are saying. I'm looking at Mackie and RCF now and comparing them both. You got a lot more power with Mackie but does that mean you get less quality???

With RCF you are paying more but I guess you are getting a better made overall speaker?

Why don't you invest in the new car and trailer before you make any rash decisions,

I would advise you listen to the Mackie & RCF subs and maybe use some on the road if you can then you get an idea what they both sound like and you can choose what is best for you.

Me persoanlly would go for the RCF because of the weight and the quality of them, Lets face facts you sold your big rack case on wheels due to the weight and size, Don't go down that route again buying Mackie heavy subs as you are just going to end up at square one again.

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    Why don't you invest in the new car and trailer before you make any rash decisions,

I would advise you listen to the Mackie & RCF subs and maybe use some on the road if you can then you get an idea what they both sound like and you can choose what is best for you.

Me persoanlly would go for the RCF because of the weight and the quality of them, Lets face facts you sold your big rack case on wheels due to the weight and size, Don't go down that route again buying Mackie heavy subs as you are just going to end up at square one again.
    I have already found a car that looks quite good so far. Just need to do a HPI check and get the car looked over.

I understand what you are saying. I do need to listen to them to give my opinion. If I go RCF then I would like to go for the ART310A. Mainly so I can get smaller, lighter speaker stands ( mine go 3m high and can carry 100kg ) plus if I need a bit more boom then just use the one sub.

As I have already said with Mackie you do get a lot of bang for the buck, thats why I was intrested as I wish to carry less speakers but have the same or more output than what I have now.

SWA1801z is 132 lb/60 kg
    SWA2801z is 154 lb/70 kg