Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommended microphones

Default Wireless Microphone Reccomendations

The Kam Dual ones (yellow/blue) with desktop receiver.

£120 = twin handheld mics

£170 = twin handheld + Belt Pack Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    The Kam Dual ones (yellow/blue) with desktop receiver.
    £120 = twin handheld mics
    They are a decent set (UHF), rugged enough for karaoke, batteries last a good length of time, sounds ok, very little feedback, what more can you ask for in that price range. I'm impressed.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

I've got a few different mics, i use a Shure Wireless 58BETA, but i also have shed loads of SM58s (mum's in a band ).

I think your best bet is something like the SM58, as they are like bullet proof. A couple of the SM58s we have are from something like 30 years ago? My grandad used to tour with them, and they still work perfectly after years & years of use.

Then again, they're around £70 a time. Darrens idea is good about the PG58s, and they are cheaper.

Having said that, i personally find for live work, my favourite mic i have used is the Sennheiser SKM 545 G2. Lovely warm, rounded sound, you also get some studio clarity to the sound too.
    Last edited by OllieJames; 04-01-2009 at 08:42 AM.
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

Heavens, what a subject. Twinspin and I used the Behringer triple pack recently, and they worked well enough, and I'd have to say since we set up on the run, and didn't have the luxury of a full soundcheck that we didn't get great sound, but they worked fine. After an afternoon of unknotting leads, I'd have loved cordless. Except that many of our singers wanted to go walkies, which is dangerous. At least with a cable we could reel them back in. As a best compromise between quality and cost, I'd say Senheiser825 or 835/ Shure PG48.

So much depends on how well or badly your punters treat them.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    ... many of our singers wanted to go walkies, which is dangerous. At least with a cable we could reel them back in.
    Oh yes, there's always one who thinks he/she can disappear into the crowd with the microphone and that is a time you wish you had them on a lead!
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

totally agree with totally plucked ---- the behringer triple pack is really good value and sound cannot be faulted for the money

I use SM58's and recently bought a couple of PG58's and I really like them.

WE have 8 PG58s at the school and there ok. The 30 year old dented and battered SM58 is a corker!

Both of my SM58's are bruised and battered. I know it only costs around £10.00 for a new head shield but they aren't that bad.

Funny thing is...and this isn't bragging (sorry if it appears to be), I was told a long time ago by a P.A. guy who was doing the sound for a gig we were doing at The Astoria in London with The Pogues that SM58's are better when they have been through the mill a bit or slapped about.

hi martin,

I have used SM58s for ever until i used one of these at a club.

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/micr...s/numark/wm200

It sounds so clear and at £18 is a steal! Also with them being so cheap make them ideal for punters dropping them all over the place.

I know use this one over my SM58 now!

Hope this helps
    Charlie
    DJ | SOUND | LIGHT | FX | HIRE & EVENT
    www.prodiscohire.com