Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daft T-bar setup question

Default Daft T-bar setup question

Hi All

In which order do you set your T-bar's up do you raise to the desired hight then mount the lights or mount the lights first

the reason I'm asking is I've set all my lights up on the T-bar and i can't raise it so I'm either doing it the wrong way or I'm i weakling

any tips on the best way to do it will be appreciated

I'm have 4 effects 2x acme Leo's and 2x Acme Scimitars they weigh about 9kg each

Quote Originally Posted by sp-entertainment View Post

My tip would be to buy a winch stand. Makes things a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sp-entertainment View Post
    Hi All

In which order do you set your T-bar's up do you raise to the desired hight then mount the lights or mount the lights first

the reason I'm asking is I've set all my lights up on the T-bar and i can't raise it so I'm either doing it the wrong way or I'm i weakling

I'm have 4 effects 2x acme Leo's and 2x Acme Scimitars they weigh about 9kg each
    Hi SP,

I use t-bars, and set them to the required height first, and THEN hang the lights on them...because I'm also a weakling!

Apart from that, I just find that's the easiest way to do it.

thanks

my mate who used to do disco's said it easy there's just a knack to it so i wondered if i was doing something wrong he also mentioned that the one's with winche's arn't that good

The one thing i had problems with when i used the T bar stands is you must get the feet positioned correctly to make it stable unless it will fall over!!!

Ensure their are 2 legs under each side of the top bar and 1 behind to stop it falling back.
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by UltraBeat Entertainment View Post
    The one thing i had problems with when i used the T bar stands is you must get the feet positioned correctly to make it stable unless it will fall over!!!
    Wow Spud...I've never had that problem.

I always set the stand up with the legs spread (ooh err) as far as they will go, and also try to load the t-bar evenly on each side, so maybe thats why I've never had a problem.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

my mate who used to do disco's said it easy there's just a knack to it so i wondered if i was doing something wrong he also mentioned that the one's with winche's arn't that good
    Thats a bit of blanket statement to make. There are good and bad winch stands, don't be too stingy and you'll get something pretty decent.

These caught my eye recently, they look like copies of a manfrotto stand, but have a better weight rating -

http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_windup_370.htm
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

thanks for the info so far

i'm going to have a trail run this wekend as i will have finished servicing the lights and the par can's have arrived too so i can mount them

Get a crank stand instead then. They're a little more reliable than a winch stand (less bits to go wrong), though they take a while to wind up. I picked up a Eurolite one for about £110 I think, but no T-Bar included. Build quality is excellent.

If you wan't to keep lifting the standbad T-Bar one - my old approach was to

1)brace one of you legs (human leg) on one of the rods that connect the legs (light stand leg) to the main body of the ligth stand

2) with one hand, grab the shaft of the light stand and push up and with the other, unscrew the height adjustment screw....

3) not, one of two things will happen....

- you're not strong enough to raise the stand and all the lights come crashing down

or

- you're just about storng enough to push the lights up --- then when you've got it to the right height, you use you're other hand to tighten the height adjustment screw again...voila

or

get a crank stand

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Or a step ladder so you can put the lights on when the stand is fully erect.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113