Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedback destroyers

I got a Behringher FBQ3102.

Each slider for the frequency channels has little LED's. When you press the FBQ button in, the LED's for the frequencies that are causing the feedback with glow brighter when the feedback happens. You can then reduce the slider for the frequencies causing the problem.

Unless you have it connected for the mic's only then everything played through it will have the same EQ. It won't detect the feedback until it really "squeals" for the top end and bottom end rumble doesn't get detected at all.

It helps but is not a total solution.

nigelwright7557

Quote Originally Posted by DJWayne View Post
    Was wondering whether the karaoke side of things benefits from a feedback destroyer.

Have looked at the behringer ones for about £100 and thought it could be a good addition to those times where singer make your life difficult with their positioning and the way they hold the mic creating feedback.

Has anyone used one and if so what are the results like and are they worth the cash basically
    The trick with mikes is not to put them in front of or close to speakers.
    I always have my speakers in front of me to reduce feedback.

If anyone asks to use the mike I always tell them to stay behind the speakers.

Cheap and nasty mikes will feedback before a good mic.

Morning everyone.
    I asked this question about 6 months ago and the thread led me to consider my microphones and, subsequently, I bought some new SHURE mics. Not the mega expensive ones. And, sure enough, hardly any feedback at all now unless you have an extremely quiet singer (going to ask about this in another thread) when you need to up the gain as far as you can just to hear the voice, but, even then, feedback happens very rarely.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    The trick with mikes is not to put them in front of or close to speakers.
    I always have my speakers in front of me to reduce feedback.

If anyone asks to use the mike I always tell them to stay behind the speakers.

Cheap and nasty mikes will feedback before a good mic.
    When i use my own PA its not a problem as i set up with a view to where the singer will stand etc and dont get any feedback.

Unfortunately i do one venue that has its own PA where the speakers are not ideally placed for karaoke , basically wherever you stand there can be feedback issues and you have to be constantly alert and adjusting the singers mic to avoid it hence why i was considering a feedback destroyer as it would detect and react to the problem faster than i can.