Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice needed - Speakers!

If you want reliable hard wearing speakers that are suitable for Disco/PA /Band use I been very pleased with my passive Peavey speakers.

Never let me down.

Theres probably a few people that dont like them--but I dont take any notice of them

I have been very pleased with them--they do a job for me.

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    If you want reliable hard wearing speakers that are suitable for Disco/PA /Band use I been very pleased with my passive Peavey speakers.

Never let me down.

Theres probably a few people that dont like them--but I dont take any notice of them

I have been very pleased with them--they do a job for me.

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by diamondgeezer View Post
    if I had to get a new set of speakers there is no doubt I would go for RCF

Boogie Boy

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeetabix View Post
    most I have ever needed to use is a 500w amp, the venues I have needed them for havent warrented anything bigger

I have a pair of 300w rated warriors...blew the top end on them. Axeman doing a repair this week.

I was thinking preamp speakers would be easier in terms of storage and installation, but like I said, I've had mixed feedback from people who have used them in the past...
    How come you 'blow' so many speakers? If I were you, I'd take a look at mixer/amp levels and make sure they're matched as well as buying some new speakers.

Active speakers win hands down in my book (so long as you don't overload the input with distorted fuzz at too high a level).

I think my signature says it all, I recently up (some would say down) graded to Class-D speakers and I'm extremely happy with them. Got 2 subs, 2 mids, 2 tops and an amp all for £650. I now have multiple set up options and IMO they sound amazing.

TBH, im really suprised with my new Tapco (Mackie) 69' series speakers, as even though they were at the top of my budget, they sound great and have plenty of power available. The build quality is fantastic too, and better than a lot of speakers at the same price.
    Not only do you get the same compression driver with thermal protection that they use in their priciest speaker in the 69' range, but you also get a Mackie designed vented woofer.

I would definately reccommend them.
    Scott.

which is not my style I know! . Just like to say I'd agree with Tony A1DL, it's all about the sensitivity!
    Last edited by Tony Scott; 23-05-2008 at 03:37 PM.
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663

nigelwright7557

Quote Originally Posted by flatliners View Post
    for size and weight has to be the rcf 310a but then again we could all recomend speakers on here but its a personal thing
    I agree totally.
    I would get myself to a good dealer and have a listen to what they have.