Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: Do you have a seperate Weddings and civil partnerships page?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 10.00%
  • No

9 90.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Civil partnership page

I don't have one either and dont plan to. In my eyes and other its the same thing, same special day, just the same sex.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I don't have a civil partnership page on my website, and have no plans to, but then again I don't have a weddings page either!

I don't see the point of having different pages for all the different types of functions you do...when you are still providing the same basic service...a mobile disco which meets with the client's requirements.

To be honest, wedding pages on disco websites bore me, as they are all the same sort of thing, with the usual crap about how "Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life" and "We will work with you to ensure that everything is perfect and you have a night to remember" etc etc.

Yawn!
    Yes Yawn again--its amazing how everyones Wedding is the best ever--

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I READ THAT--- Yawn.

I do mention CC on my site although I only ever did one a few years ago.

They were so embarrassed about it they didnt even tell me what was going on.

I thought it was a Family Party--well it was of sorts!!!!!! until I got to the gig

Very nice people all round --good fun---got the pictures somewhere--since then we have had the legislation so I suppose its not such a big deal anymore.

Im not sure my style appeals too much to that market--

CRAZY K

No, but we do have seperate info packs.

The one for CPCs asks things like how they would like to be refered to etc (so far we've had a couple of groom & grooms & a few happy couples. Mostly it's just refer to them by their names)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

ppentertainments

Not yet bu definetely on my to do list. Attended a CP for friends ouf ours and they said a couple of dj's turned them down. Definetely a market there for this.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Not yet bu definetely on my to do list. Attended a CP for friends ouf ours and they said a couple of dj's turned them down.
    Hence the reason for my separate page, so that people know we're in the market.

For those of you who've said you will be doing a separate web page for civil partnerships, I'd love to know what you will put on there & how it will differ to your wedding page.

I'm just curious.

Sam

For those of you who've said you will be doing a separate web page for civil partnerships, I'd love to know what you will put on there & how it will differ to your wedding page.

I'm just curious.
    Rob,
    I think it isn't so much differing the content.. it is having it in their faces.. so they instantly know that the service they are after is provided.
    And it is just a case, I suppose, of making it "gay friendly" - taking out "bridge and groom" or "his and her" etc etc.

I personally have no problems with same sex relationships - (that isn't an invite Darren!! ) - But when the website has been "re-done" to include a few pages it will just say "weddings".

Although - here is a question.
    If two gay people get married - is it still a wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    taking out "bridge and groom" or "his and her" etc etc.:
    Big girl was she?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Rob,
    I think it isn't so much differing the content.. it is having it in their faces.. so they instantly know that the service they are after is provided.
    And it is just a case, I suppose, of making it "gay friendly" - taking out "bridge and groom" or "his and her" etc etc.
    That's fair enough, Sam.

What I don't understand is why several people have said they will be introducing a webpage for civil partnerships...but how many of them have a page for 40th birthday parties? or a page for retirement parties? or a page for engagement parties? or a page for christmas parties?...when all of these occasions offer a much bigger market for most DJs than civil partnerships.

Surely it makes more sense to just list the types of functions you cater for, and to include civil partnerships on the list...straight after weddings.

I wonder if they are doing it because they think it isn't politically correct NOT to mention them, and they also feel that JUST mentioning the fact that they do them isn't enough, and that it's actually necessary to have a whole webpage for them.

Last edited by rob1963; 23-05-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Surely it makes more sense to just list the types of functions you cater for, and to include civil partnerships on the list...straight after marriages.

I wonder if they are doing it because they think it isn't politically correct NOT to mention them, and they also feel that JUST mentioning the fact that they do them isn't enough, and that it's actually necessary to have a whole webpage for them.

Just because you don't understand it and don't get it, it doesn't mean others can't do it Rob.

I am trying to get a foothold in a very lucrative market, which is why I have a separate page. I also have a separate page for teenage discos, so that they can see exactly what they get.

Politically correct? Nothing to do with the fact.

All of my guys are fine with DJing at any kind of event as I have discussed it with them. I also have a gay DJ who works for me with who I discuss some of these matters.

If you don't want a separate page and don't think it's necessary, then don't do it. I have put the reasons why I do, so hopefully you understand why I do.