Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: high school musical karaoke

Quote Originally Posted by KaraokeDJ View Post
    I#ve taken HSM out of my song book. So many times I have had half a dozen kids all writing down the same songs - I could've filled an hour +++ with nothing but HSM.

If they ask me I will let them do one or two (depending on how many other kids ask) but if there's too many they will be explained 'no more tonight'.

HSM is on the same list as 'paradise by the dashboard light' - I dread to see it on a request ticket!
    As long as there enjoying themselves why does it matter?
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

They do enjoy themselves, they pick some other songs.
    Martin

STARFLY DISCO
    Mobile Disco for Weddings, Private Parties, Charity & Community Events and Corporate Functions in Lincolnshire, North East & North Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire, Rutland (Leicestershire).

If it's a kids party and they all want to sing the same song then why not? I don't think we should dictate what can and can't be sung. I did a gig at a local snooker club a few years ago and the manager took great offence at a punter singing Pretty Vacant by the Sex Pistols. I told him if the punters can't sing what they want then why bother having a karaoke in the first place? Been asked back a few times since but I'm always "busy"!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I did the gig today 7th b/day karaoke, they sang barbie girl twice and valerie, mercy and complicated 3 times. no other songs required ...lol
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by axeman View Post
    I did the gig today 7th b/day karaoke, they sang barbie girl twice and valerie, mercy and complicated 3 times. no other songs required ...lol
    Typical isn't it. I started using select-a-track for the odd song I get asked for and don't have. Should save my money as they never seem to be asked for again

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Typical isn't it. I started using select-a-track for the odd song I get asked for and don't have. Should save my money as they never seem to be asked for again
    What we do is jot down any requests we don't have (and, to be fair, there's not many we haven't got due to me buying just about every disc I could get my hands on going back to the days of Laserdisc, Video karaoke, etc!). If a song gets asked for 3 times then we buy it. This gives us the chance to gauge how popular the track is before parting with hard-earned cash.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!