Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Equipment Help !

501damian501

i think personally just having scanners would spoil it a little, u also have to think about the older generations who cant tell the difference beween a scanner and a flash box lol, i think multi lights dmx lighting with abit of smoke just to give it that look would smash it at weddings and things,each to their own i suppose, damian

[admin] Please have a little read of the forum guidelines regarding using text talk...thanks.
    Last edited by Shaun; 05-06-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    come on you dmx experts where are you all haha,
    Hopefully this topic will be of some help.

501damian501

Thanks for that mate, Banging stuff that inf, It all looks pretty simple to be honest..., Damo

Once you grasp the basics of DMX it's all relatively straight forward. That said though...I much prefer a visit to the dentist than DMX programming. It's a time consuming and laborious job making all the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    Once you grasp the basics of DMX it's all relatively straight forward. That said though...I much prefer a visit to the dentist than DMX programming. It's a time consuming and laborious job making all the scenes.
    Nowadays, I prefer a visit to the dentist to most things. I've got two rather foxy young female dentists, you see! Hmmmmmm!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

501damian501

now now lads lets keep out minds on this equipment, even thou i do like the sound of your 2 foxy female tooth pullers, do you think this baby dmx controll will be much copp for the job ?, i was going to put in one of them ca8 controllers and put the rest towards another light, but i have great faith in the lighting which i have choosen.by the way whats the joystick thing on it all about lol

I haven't gotten round to learning DMX yet so I've yet to get a DMX controller. Part of my light show can be controlled via DMX but I just use one unit as a master and then daisy chain the others and just use built-in programs. I've got a few CA-8 controllers but I just use them to blackout effects when required.

I guess I'm more known for my song selection and reading the crowd than my light-controlling ability! It's got me by so far though!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I haven't gotten round to learning DMX yet so I've yet to get a DMX controller. Part of my light show can be controlled via DMX but I just use one unit as a master and then daisy chain the others and just use built-in programs. I've got a few CA-8 controllers but I just use them to blackout effects when required.

I guess I'm more known for my song selection and reading the crowd than my light-controlling ability! It's got me by so far though!
    Similar to myself. Obviously it will depend on the gigs you do but I find sound to light is all I need. Never had any negative comments, couple of praises (which is a lot for lighting imo), works fine so why change ??

Running a DMX show isn't essential but I can definitely appreciate the benefits of it. These days the pre-programmed shows on most effects are pretty good so in most cases they provide a really good show on their own, but using DMX can bring a whole new dimension and extra depth to the light show you offer. Most people may never need to learn DMX, but those that do use DMX will all probably tell you that it's worth taking the time to try your hand at it if you can find the time.

That said, it's public knowledge how I feel about the actual programming of the scenes. I'd have more fun sticking pins in my eyes ...the end results are worth it though. *Just keep telling yourself that Shaun, just keep telling yourself*

Give it a go (the dmx thing, not sticking pins in your eyes), you might just enjoy it.

Is this the same lighting that you were saying is the least important thing for a DJ?