Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Spares To Carry

501damian501

Default The Best Spares To Carry

Hello you friendly very very helpful folks, whats the bare min of spares you would carry with you an on average gig lets say 25-35miles from home,Many thanks Damian

Talks scotch too quickly dmckaraoke's Avatar

Spare dmx cables im always running out or finding ones that have damaged due to bands crushing them with one thing or the other..

And new bulb for every fitting....

Fuses all sizes..Once had an led light fiitting stop workin and did not have the correct size fuse very fustration a light no working(all for the price of a fuse pennies)

I carry a full sound backup plus spare lamps, tool-kit, soldering iron, fuses and a big case jam packed with every imaginable kind of wiring.

I need to sort out some spares myself!

i normally carry fuses of all sizes fast blow,normal 13amp, 3amp etc full set of spanners, screw-drivers bulbs various for desk lamps,effects i always carry a spare cd/dvd player that in the 4-5years that i've had it has never let me down (touch wood) would be my bottom dollar on the that old girl giving more years & years of service, spare 1/4" cables,dmx,4-5ways,2ways,even sometimes carry spare cable for those diar emergenices, second amp.
    ML DISCOS Discothque Servies Pleasing The Crowd Since 1998.

fuses,soldering iron, solder, 3 pin XLR male/female, pre made DMX leads, loads of other leads to cover just about everything, lamps/bulbs, small tool kit, first aid box (you never know).
    CD deck,amp, small backup mixer.

sods law states that the very thing I dont bring will pack up .

daryll

Yes, bulbs, cables (all kinds) fuses, toolkit, first aid kit (and first aider) etc.

Also batteries (several types for radio mics, dj lights etc) and fire extinguisher. Have you ever noticed that some venues don't actually have an extinguisher you can use on electrical fires?
    Do you really want me to play that?

Magic Moments ....... making your moment magic.
    www.magicmoments-disco.co.uk

Secretary of NADJ

501damian501

oh YES always carry a fire exthinguisher how big or how small, I was thinking about just having an second cheap amp less wattage then my main one and a small mixer, spare wires, fuses, blubs, and mini tool kit for my spares, People who carry a complete second system for back up useage just dont take much faith in the system they own in my eyes, many thanks for the replys you lot, Reguards Damian

May I suggest a spare extention lead or 2 just incase, Headphones mic leads and light bulbs for you lamp as well as all the above

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

A reel of mic cable, a reel of speaker cable, a reel or mains cable, assorted XLRs, Jacks, Speakons, 13amp plugs, IECs, powercons.. and a soldering iron. Or just plenty of spare ready made leads in all combinations you regularly use.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113