Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Microphone mixers for Karaoke

Default Microphone mixers for Karaoke

Hi,

I'm just in the process of developing a laptop karaoke setup, and wanted to know....

I currently use the Laptop for Disco's and can play CDGs via Virtual DJ, will be connecting the laptop via a TV out to a TV monitor and the sound will go, as normal, through the DJ I/O and then into the amp.

At current we are using the Mic input of the I/O for Disco's, but wanted to know, is there a mixer you could recommend, which can sit between the Mic/s and the I/O, which is around the £100 mark and can take 3 or more mic inputs, which you can level and eq a bit, and then have an out put which can go into the I/O.

Basically...a Microphone mixer...as the title suggests!!

I have never heard of such a thing (yet again it's not something I've tried to find) but could you not use EQ levels on your mixer? i know most brands have mic EQ's that should do what your asking.
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mixers/numark/FX_200

A bit more than your budget, but it might be what you are looking for?

I bought A RCF MX-8 Mixer off some dodgy geezer on E-bay about 3 years ago!(Its still going strong Daz!) which is absolutely ideal for my karaoke requirements! Don't know if you can still get them, but may be worth a search!!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Thats a good piece of kit Mr Solitaire, thanks.

to clarify, My set up is Laptop controlled by Total Control, into I/o, mic through I/O Mic channel

I figured I could find a 3-4 channel mixer, which the Mics all plug into, and output directly into the Mic input on the I/O? Judging by the spec, that piece of kit can do that, judging by the Pics, it looks like its Red and White audio inputs, not phono jacks...could be wrong though

I know what I/O stands for, but am not sure the way you have things set up - can you explain more?

Sorry, Thats a Numark DJI/O external soundcard all connected and powered via Laptop USB.

One of these...http://www.numark.com/djio

I had a 4 channel mic mixer from Realistic/RadioShack about 15 years ago when I got in to home karaoke. I know it's an el-cheapo bit of kit but it did the job you are on about. At the time, it cost about £20 (second-hand) and worked using sliders on each channel. If you have good EQ's and FX on your main mixer, and you can track down such a mixer, I think it will suit you well.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mixers/numark/FX_200

A bit more than your budget, but it might be what you are looking for?
    I've had a look at this one, Darren, and I'm not 100% sure it would suit Ryans needs. This is because it only has one dedicated mic channel and Ryan was looking for 3 mic channels. Would you be suggesting to use the mics with jack connectors on the other channels? I always prefer XLR connections for my mics. There are a number of 4 channel mic-mixers out there where you can adjust levels for each channel independently but I'm not sure about EQ capabilities.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I've had a look at this one, Darren, and I'm not 100% sure it would suit Ryans needs. This is because it only has one dedicated mic channel and Ryan was looking for 3 mic channels. Would you be suggesting to use the mics with jack connectors on the other channels? I always prefer XLR connections for my mics. There are a number of 4 channel mic-mixers out there where you can adjust levels for each channel independently but I'm not sure about EQ capabilities.
    Actually it has more Dazzy - have another look! Yeah, if you only need 2 mic channels that would be fine. The faders have switches for mic or line and eq for every channel as well as assignable FX. I have one I use for karaoke and it's very simple to use and has everything you need as long as you are using 2 mic channels or are prepared to sacrifice one music channel, which wouldn't necessarily be a problem if you are jst doing karaoke.