Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Microphone mixers for Karaoke

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I've got one. Three mic channels, three band EQ on each mic channel, on/off switch on each. Four other channels. I don't do karaoke ( once every two years maybe) but if I did it would be my second choice mixer. ( My first choice is receding further and further into the distance, due to the cost of the Digital Switchover. Did I mention what it was costing me? )
    I can pick one of these up for less than £190 so it's something I'm considering. So, Peter, I know you said you don't do karaoke but I'm just wondering if you've tried the echo effects on the mic channels and, if so, are they any good? My current mixer has onboard DSP effects which do the job but I'm thinking of making the next one a KAM console. My theory is that all same-branded components should work well together and KAM gear is well within my budget at the moment. I already have a few KAM bits and bobs and one of my best mics for karaoke is a cheap KAM £15. Though not quite as clear sounding as the Shure PG48s/SM58s, I seem to get less feedback trouble with the KAM one (BTW I'm not looking for tips to help with feedback - we've done that one already!)
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I can pick one of these up for less than £190 so it's something I'm considering. So, Peter, I know you said you don't do karaoke but I'm just wondering if you've tried the echo effects on the mic channels and, if so, are they any good? My current mixer has onboard DSP effects which do the job but I'm thinking of making the next one a KAM console. My theory is that all same-branded components should work well together and KAM gear is well within my budget at the moment. I already have a few KAM bits and bobs and one of my best mics for karaoke is a cheap KAM £15. Though not quite as clear sounding as the Shure PG48s/SM58s, I seem to get less feedback trouble with the KAM one (BTW I'm not looking for tips to help with feedback - we've done that one already!)

The extent of my trial has been to turn on the switch, and turn up a dial. I didn't know what I was doing, so the short answer is " I have no idea." Sorry.

I have no knowledge of it, but the new digital 1750 might be worth a look if you were so inclined. The downside is I think it has one less mic channel.

Thanks for that, Peter. I didn't even know there was a 1750 model - I usually get booklets from Images but I've had nothing for a while. Got a new brochure today from DiscoWorld (not too far away from me) but there's no karaoke mixers worth having in there.
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Thanks for that, Peter. I didn't even know there was a 1750 model - I usually get booklets from Images but I've had nothing for a while. Got a new brochure today from DiscoWorld (not too far away from me) but there's no karaoke mixers worth having in there.
    They used to sell a Studiomaster karaoke mixer which looked fairly good?

I've got a scabby old KAM catalogue in the van I got from DFB's open night. KAM's website is way out of date, I know for sure there's a 1600 replacement for the 1500 where all the mic faders are rotary, big aid in my book. Can't help more than that, sorry. Look around, good luck.

Boogie Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Both are ballpark what I'm looking at.

So would you suggest going laptop--I/O--1 Mixer channel AND Our Mic and two other mics going to the mixer in the other channels, then mixer to amp (obviously)
    It all depends on how YOU want to configure YOUR system, but bviously, that would be one way of doing it. It's really up to you to decide what facilities are important to you and whether or not the sysyem allows for a certain amount of 'future proofing'.

Anyway, I'm glad the two mixers I flagged are roughly what you're looking for and I could be of some help.

Again, to clarify, to mix at current I use a USB controller (Numark total control)

so my new set up goes....deep breath

Total Controller - Laptop - DJI/O - Mixer - Amp

The Microphones going straight to mixer, and disregarding Mic input of the I/O.

The 4 channel mixer would be
    Channel 1 - Laptop - Volume set to max, use Total Control for volume control
    Channel 2 - Our Mic
    Channel 3 - Karaoke Mic
    Channel 4 - Karaoke Mic

Would that make sense?

A Kam ka 50 would be ideal for this and its only £60.
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 13-06-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Well found, Scott. I remember these units being aimed more at the home karaoke market but it could be ideal solution for Ryan.
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    They used to sell a Studiomaster karaoke mixer which looked fairly good?
    In all their karaoke & disco consoles they're now using the StudioMaster Fusion. It used to be the Kam Pro 1500, which was good enough, but the new Fusion looks better still. I'm thinking of checking this one later in the year and it could find itself on my list to Santa this year!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!