Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem Encountered

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    I would have copied the CD's to my PC then burned them onto fresh CD's.
    The PC should have a few go's at reading them before failing so hopefully they will load onto a PC. I use Windows Media player.
    I didn't know WMP had a facility for playing digital karaoke. What plug-ins do you use?
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

nigelwright7557

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I didn't know WMP had a facility for playing digital karaoke. What plug-ins do you use?
    I meant for copying the tracks.
    If it cant do the video then I am sure you could just copy it to a directory then burn it to CD again.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    I meant for copying the tracks.
    If it cant do the video then I am sure you could just copy it to a directory then burn it to CD again.
    I think I see what you're saying, Nigel, but you can't simply copy CD+G discs to the computer. These discs have to be decoded with a CD+G decoder. The majority of computer disc drives cannot read CD+G let alone write them. Even with drives that have this capability, it takes a fair bit of technical knowledge to use the correct settings to do this. That's why a program such as CDG Ripper is invaluable as it does all of the complicated stuff for you.

Karaoke DVDs can be copied in the way you suggested by copying the data folders to the computer but, in all fairness, karaoke DVDs are not really widely used. CD+G is still the industry standard as all the new discs are released in this format. Maybe the likes of Sunfly, Mr Entertainer, Legends, EZ Karaoke, etc could start selling them in MP3+G format for download in the same way that iTunes, 7Digital, Lastfm, etc do. This would save us loads of hassle in converting tracks and also would reduce the need the ProDub license. I think we'll have to see what happens on that one!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!