Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: School Disco - I don't believe it!!!

Thing is they usually have a member of friends(PTA) do the disco. Equipment consists of cd decks (last disco only one side worked), mixer, amp, all sat in an old kitchen cabinet and 2 speakers on stands(all equipment owned by the school) no frontage.

Music is usually played from the current Now series, and alot of songs played 3 times. At most they use 3 cds!

No interaction with the kids, so the boys usually slide on their knees etc.

The Head will stop the music if she sees one piece of litter on the floor.

A couple of weeks ago, I did a school disco for kids aged 4-11 years (lovely little school, the Head was great)
    I did party dances with the kids and they all said thanks at the end.

I suppose, some you win, some you lose!
    Last edited by KrazyKaz; 17-07-2008 at 04:00 PM.
    Krazy by name - krazy by nature.They don't call me Krazy for nothing

www.kkdisco.co.uk

www.freecycle.org (keeping good stuff out of landfills - Please take a look)

Actually, I've done 2 at the school this year (both freebies) and the teachers couldn't believe how many people I got dancing in comparison to the last few years when they tried to run it themselves.

I done one on Tuesday for a leavers do, and it was the easiest 90 minutes of my life (apart from the PC not working when I turned it on!) All they wanted to listen to was the modern chart stuff, and a couple of classics, Oops Upside Your Head was a massive hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Actually, I've done 2 at the school this year (both freebies) and the teachers couldn't believe how many people I got dancing in comparison to the last few years when they tried to run it themselves.
    A whole two? I apologise Darren, you are the main man. BTW, if someone like Propeller comnes up with the correct version of my Latin quote, I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    My respect for you has now totally disappeared Sir! Be a man like the rest of us who do them, in fact that's where I'm going now.

" Ave Imperator, Morituri Salute"
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    ...if someone like Propeller comnes up with the correct version of my Latin quote, I'd appreciate it.
    It's "Ave imperator! Morituri te salutant"
    and for those who don't know, it means
    "Hail, Emperor! Those who are about to die salute you"

Am I a Latin Guru?
    No!
    A Google Guru

I had this last year for a Halloween party at the local Primary School where my daughter attends nursery. Disco was to cover Three parties of differing ages from nursery kids to 11/12 year olds.

Got a call from my wife on a Friday afternoon at 4pm that their "DJ" had let them down, she had been told this from the secretary. I told her I would step in but for my usual fee of £200. No, came the reply, the other guy only wanted £40 !!

After 10 minutes or so I couldn't get the image of all the little uns (including my own & her friends) being upset at no disco, out of my mind. So offered to do it for a one off of £40.

Had a great time, left my cards and informed them of the dangers of hiring someone who charges £40. He did their xmas doos but let them down again this year for the end of term dances. I got a call again, but had to say no, once is unfortunate, twice is a joke.
    Sex and Drugs 'n' Sausage Rolls!

Luckly the primary school i disco at understands me

Well.......

I went across the school this morning, gave one of my cards to my daughters teacher, who said she would pass it on to the head.

Before I had chance to leave the premises, the head had come up to me and asked me to go to her office for a chat.

Disco was scheduled to start (Key Stage 1) 5.30 - 6.30 (Key STage 2) 6.45 - 8.00.
    The Head explained that she had no one to do the disco - plus only one side of the decks worked, and that also, there were not enough adult helpers for supervision.

She then decided that perhaps if she had the disco during school time, at least the teachers would be there to supervise.

Anyway, she asked if I would do the disco. As I'm a soft touch I said yes, as I wouldn't like to see the children disappointed. Also said I would do it on the condition that I used my equipment, not theirs. And I'm doing it free of charge as my daughter still has another year there.( nothing like a bit of free publicity)

I live literally across the road from school, so no problem getting there.

I'm doing 2 x 45 mins sets
    Approx 300 kids (150 in each Key Stage)

I'll let you know how it goes.
    Krazy by name - krazy by nature.They don't call me Krazy for nothing

www.kkdisco.co.uk

www.freecycle.org (keeping good stuff out of landfills - Please take a look)

Nice bit o' arm twisting

Well done.....I know you'll do them proud...
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"