Hi everyone.
Had a fantastic karaoke night on Friday, had a mass singalong for the last hour with a dozen or so singers on the stage and the rest of the room joining in.... Finished on a mega high, what a buzz!

However, talking to the landlord on Satuday he told me he expected ME to pull more people in and be MORE ENTERTAINING!

This is a venue 25 miles from me, where I know no-one. I don't even know anywhere out there except the venue itself. How the heck can I be responsible for pulling people in? If I was working local I can get people in.

This is surely his responsibility to promote his entertainment?

He has other entertainers, one of which is a vocalist who does a bit of dress-up to entertain the customers for half-hour. The rest of the night is karaoke and a bit of disco. But that is not me!!!

I do a great karaoke night, why would other venues invite me back and pay me top rates if I was crap? Furthermore, although I can sing (quite well if I may say so) I'm not a stand-up comedian/vocalist/impressionist like the other guy he employs, but I do get people up singing, I have a great banter with customers and get a heck of a lot of "thank-yous" at the end from all ages. I also do a fun half hour kids disco set midway through the night that gets a full dancefloor...

What more can I do? Or did I do right by telling the landord to 'shove it'!!!?