Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Message from a USA DJ about RCF 8003 subs

Default Message from a USA DJ about RCF 8003 subs

Got a message from an DJ from the good old US of A this morning about RCF subs. He / she had Googled about RCF's with specific problem relating to the signal LED. Google led him to this forum. The problem relates to the signal LED not working on the 8003 sub (that's the green LED in between the Green 'on' LED and the yellow limiter LED.

I seem to recall one of my 4Pro subs doing the same but it seems OK now - anyone else had the problem and if so, what was the fix so I can reply to our colleague in the states.

Not quite the same thing but I have an LED that just stays on, on one of my RCF705AS. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the actual cab and I have asked around, but no-one seems to know anything about this problem.

You'll probably find Google sent him here 'cos I posted about this problem a while back.

I have a Pair of 725A's and have the same "problem" with the limiter light staying on after switching on , it slowly fades and goes off after a few minutes. It's definitely worse in colder weather and I suspect it may be something to do with condensation inside the cabinet. Speakers seem to work fine .
    WOODY

Thanks - it was a long shot.

I've had a bit more of a chat with our USA colleague. It seems that the green signals lights do illuminate albeit not until the subs are driven quite hard. That seems to me to be typical of RCF's?

The limiter LED's light very soon after the signal LED's do. Again, I've noticed that that the signal light is almost a pre-limiter warning - anyone tend to agree with that?

I'm beginning to think that his crossovers might be set incorrectly or his input signal is poor (say a 128kb mp3). If his crossover is set at 120Hz as opposed to 80Hz, I'm right in thinking that the sub will handle signals upto 120hz and then high pass the rest up to the tops - ie more nasty mid signal through the subs might bring in the limiters sooner?

I'd experiment at home but the noise of an 18 inch sub near to it's limiter just ain't fair on the neighbours!

PS can i invite this guy to join the forum??

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post

PS can i invite this guy to join the forum??
    Of course.

tell him to send Brian s Redd on face book he knows the guys from rcf personally