Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bass bin help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post

any help i would be full.
    You should be grateful that your post hasn't been deleted.

How many times do we have to mention this?

NO TEXT TALK

id definitely go for Peavey bass bins. The black widow drivers never break.

weve had some PEAVEY HiSYSIIs in the band (replaced NEXOs with them) for years and theyre ultra reliable and cheapish too. (you can pick up a pair for under £200 - and sell them for the same price in 5 years time..they never depreciate once they hit that price)

they will also compliment the tops perfectly and work as a 'system', rather than mis matched tops and bins.

lets face it - reliability is key. and theyre a cracking sound too. (if quite big - although smaller than the 4ft NEXOs!!).

Ul115 or ul118 bass bins ideal for your ul15 tops run with a pv2600 amp (this will give you 900w program per side on the bass bins using the built in croosover of the amp then use the thru outs on the amp to the amp that runs the ul15 tops), may take some time to save up for them but worth it. I use the ul115 with my ul15 tops and never had a complaint with the sound quality.

As already suggested use stands for your ul15's your sound will carry further and a bit more low eq from the mixer.
    Last edited by HaiFai; 01-09-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaiFai View Post
    Ul115 or ul118 bass bins ideal for your ul15 tops run with a pv2600 amp (this will give you 900w program per side on the bass bins using the built in croosover of the amp then use the thru outs on the amp to the amp that runs the ul15 tops), may take some time to save up for them but worth it. I use the ul115 with my ul15 tops and never had a complaint with the sound quality.

As already suggested use stands for your ul15's your sound will carry further and a bit more low eq from the mixer.
    I have low on full i have a behringer mixing desk. the speakers sound amazing on floor but as soon as stand come in to the equation they lack bass. but it doesn't travel far enough
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

for the smoothest bass sound, try creating a 'smiley face'. (if youre eq is sliders etc) ie from left to right your eq will look like

U (but shallower)

ie the bass is fairly up past mid way, the high fairly past mid way and the mids below mid way (scooped out).

or if you have dials try;

high at 2o'clock
    mids at 10o'clock
    bass at 2 o'clock

then turn loud and if needed adjust a tiny bit more bass from there or cut the mid more.

it may be your mid setting disguising your bass (turning the bass to full doesnt mean youll get a better bass sound). this setting will give you a clearer more defined bass sound.

worth a try until you can afford some bass bins. good luck

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

The EQ curve depends entirely on the speakers and acoustics of the room.. sorry but smiley face curves are laughed at in the pro audio world!
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    The EQ curve depends entirely on the speakers and acoustics of the room.. sorry but smiley face curves are laughed at in the pro audio world!
    Lucky we're not in it then...

i always have it on a wave shape. and sound good when my cabs are on the floor and i always have the eq on, on the cabs aswell.
    CJ-Entertainment

quote: The EQ curve depends entirely on the speakers and acoustics of the room.. sorry but smiley face curves are laughed at in the pro audio world! quote:

for someone who cant get a good bass response out of his speakers, its a good quick easy place to start.

im well up enough on bass and bass settings to know that.

theres a million other 'bass boosting' settings (depending on what type of bass you want), but i havent got a year to list them all.
    Last edited by DJ INDIE; 01-09-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ INDIE View Post
    quote: The EQ curve depends entirely on the speakers and acoustics of the room.. sorry but smiley face curves are laughed at in the pro audio world! quote:

for someone who cant get a good bass response out of his speakers, its a good quick easy place to start.

im well up enough on bass and bass settings to know that.

theres a million other 'bass boosting' settings (depending on what type of bass you want), but i havent got a year to list them all.

i want the bass i get with them on the floor but i want them high up
    Last edited by Cj_The_Dj; 02-09-2008 at 12:38 AM.
    CJ-Entertainment